Miniart 1/35 AVRO 671 ROTA MK.I RAF / Focke-Wulf Fw C.30A announced

Jan_G

12 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

I dont believe a single person has said they hate 1/35th or even used the word hate.

It was a highly unnecessary move by Tamiya that muddied the water, but unlike dislike,  hate takes effort and devotion.

Just because I may not like something doesnt mean I devote any time to thinking about it or dwelling on  it. AAMOF unless its brought up, I dont think about 1/35th at all really.

Actually the word you (and others) have used was ‘abomination’; defined as ...’a thing that causes disgust or loathing, a feeling of hatred’. Plus, to quote you from an entry reference the recently released MiniArt  Triflugel kit “there are a lot of aircraft people who hate that scale and refuse to give it more impetus.’ 

A quick perusal of entries on the same subject shows a number of individuals, including yourself, who use terminology that I ca; only describe as bordering on apoplectic when mentioning the unholy of unholies, 35th scale.

As I have said before, everyone is fully entitled to an opinion, enjoy whatever floats your boat, but based on what I have read some of these comments are bordering on being utterly childish and close to pathetic. It is after all just a hobby. Why would anyone want to deprive someone else of a harmless hobby, just because they don’t like one element of it. I simply don’t get it.

3 minutes ago, Redcap1960 said:

Actually the word you (and others) have used was ‘abomination’; defined as ...’a thing that causes disgust or loathing, a feeling of hatred’. Plus, to quote you from an entry reference the recently released MiniArt  Triflugel kit “there are a lot of aircraft people who hate that scale and refuse to give it more impetus.’ 

A quick perusal of entries on the same subject shows a number of individuals, including yourself, who use terminology that I ca; only describe as bordering on apoplectic when mentioning the unholy of unholies, 35th scale.

As I have said before, everyone is fully entitled to an opinion, enjoy whatever floats your boat, but based on what I have read some of these comments are bordering on being utterly childish and close to pathetic. It is after all just a hobby. Why would anyone want to deprive someone else of a harmless hobby, just because they don’t like one element of it. I simply don’t get it.

Your right, everyone has a right to an opinion,  you are wrong to imply anyone here is depriving anyone else of anything. 

lol - hate is not what I feel towards 35th, so that was definitely the wrong word to use.

You dont have to get it.

I care about as much what others think about what I think about 35th as I actually care about 1/35th; which is very very little. And yes, 1/35th is an abomination.

You seem to care a lot about what I think about 1/35th....that's nice.

I'd suggest you put this to bed, cause dispite what you seem to think, no one  but you seems to really care. Buy all the 1/35th stuff you like. 

I think there have been some misunderstandings here....  

I dont feel anyone should take away the fact that a lot of us dont like 35th, its all just personal preference. People can and should buy the product if it's what they want, plain and simple. No problem there what so ever.