It's Big & It's Heavy

K5IKL

the decals look stunning - I always wondered what this scheme would like in the flesh

i am still trying to work out how to model these NMF birds and get the right level of realism in the finish, but just to my mind however the finish looks a little too clean

if something was really beaten up it's almost easier - you just go to town, but when the aircraft were new NMF and probably very well looked after, I am still looking for the best way to replicate what we see

thanks again for sharing

I have a few of these Trumpy kits and this certainly makes me want to build mine!

7 hours ago, Troy Molitor said:

Nicely done Jerry.  I love the way the -47N looks.  Just awesome to see.  I have two of these kits and the new Wheels by Harold in the stash.   Thanks for showing us the way.  

Troy 

Thanks Troy.  The one thing I didn't do was glue the prop in place as I am waiting for Harold to release his corrected prop for the "N".

Jerry

2 hours ago, CodyK9 said:

Always thought that 50 cal machine gun barrels were black on WWII airplanes not silver or gray. At least all the ones we used in Vietnam were black. Am I missing something?

You are correct.  The 50 cal barrels were black.  However on the P-47 (at least) the barrel could be covered with

a wing gun blast tube which was polished aluminum.  Pic below from the  P-47 walk around.

P-47-BLAST-TUBE.jpg

Edited by K5IKL