1/24 Airfix Hellcat

Vynce804

hi

very good job , the details are "sharp" I am stunned by the cockpit .. the engine is not bad too   :whistle: no .. it's an impressive build .....If I have something to say , I think it would be a shame to " hide " the fuselage , as well a part of the cockpit behind these huge wings , no doubt that your paint work will be top notch so ...........-_- but this is my humble opinion 

Alain  

11 hours ago, Vincent said:

I think the rims you have used are a post war thing. The earliest i have seen them installed on a/c was 1955 IIRC

Hi yes you are correct,  my problem was the original wheels are plain ugly and these are a thing of beauty and I couldn’t resist!

6 hours ago, alain11 said:

.....If I have something to say , I think it would be a shame to " hide " the fuselage , as well a part of the cockpit behind these huge wings 

Hi Alain,  I fully appreciate your comment and It was a tough decision as this kit gives so many options,  but when I first envisaged this build it was with all the engine panels off and because it’s a naval fighter I had to fold the wings to expose the internal structure and folding mechanism.  When you are next to the model the folded wings aren’t actually as restrictive as the photos suggest,  but I suppose the best bit is that it gives me an excuse to build another with the wings unfolded.  Cheers. Matt

I really like what I"m seeing, great detail right out of the box and the size of this beast is impressive.  I"ve built the 1/32 F6F by Hasegawa three times so I"m a big Hellcat fan anyway.  Can't wait to see this one completed.