1/24 Airfix Hellcat

Vynce804

The engine looks great just like the rest. 

Doesn't Airfix provide the sparkplugs in the box? This engine could really use some nice sparkplugs and wiring. 

2 hours ago, Fvdm said:

Doesn't Airfix provide the sparkplugs in the box? This engine could really use some nice sparkplugs and wiring. 

Hi,  there are no spark plugs which is a shame,  although I don’t think my old eyes would be up to the task!    Airfix do provide a wiring diagram to follow and that is one of my next jobs to do.  Cheers

A quick update,  engine wiring is in and painted  lots of engine ancillary components painted and I thought I was almost there with the engine and then I remembered I have to do the exhausts!!

i made a start on the wing centre section and when I dry fit to the fuselage I’m not able to get a close fit at the front?  When I offer up just the upper wings the fit is good so may attach them first and then mate the Lower wing centre section structure to them.

cheers

Matt

m4YEu38.jpg

EDtGfYz.jpg

NbUXBCW.jpg

8ATh2J2.jpg

The engine module is now completed,  it’s had an oil wash but still needs more weathering which I will do when it is mounted to the firewall.  The engineering in this part  of the kit is very impressive and much of it clicks together without the need for glue. More airframe construction next!

cheers Matt

EZUZBcG.jpg

LiEXahu.jpg

iKIGnTU.jpg

hY65Rnt.jpg

Edited by Vynce804

• 3 weeks later...