Getting replacement parts from Aires

AlbertD

I got going on my first LSP build a Hasagawa P-47D and ran into a snag. I picked up some aftermarket including an Aires cockpit. Starting on the cockpit I removed all the larger parts from the pour blocks. I broke one of the parts but figured I would fix it once they were washed. I put the parts in a fine mesh strainer and took them to the kitchen sink and washed them in a bowl of luke warm water and soap. I rinsed them and took them back to my work desk were I layed them on a paper towel to dry. No problem so far. I started to look over the parts and noticed that the broken off piece was gone. I went through the trash can piece by piece 3 times and searched the desk, floor and everything in between to no avail.

I sent a message to Aires from their website over a week ago with no reply. Has anybody ever gotten spares from them? I might be able to scratch build a piece but would rather have the real part if I could. I would rather not spent $40 for a new set either. Of course with my luck I'll need more replacement parts anyway.

8 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

They do not necessarily reply quickly but I always got a reply from them, typically from David Lajer.

Hth

Thierry

Thank you. I'll give them a few more days and try again. I have plenty to keep me busy on the kit while I wait.

I have sent them a email for a replacement Ki-84 seat, That came broken with out the pieces to fix it. I never heard from them. I sent it from their contact info on their website. ( modelchoice@plusmodel.cz )

Is there another way to get replacement parts?

Cheers

Danny

Edited by Vandy 1 VX 4

27 minutes ago, Vandy 1 VX 4 said:

I have sent them a email for a replacement Ki-84 seat, That came broken with out the pieces to fix it. I never heard from them. I sent it from their contact info on their website. ( modelchoice@plusmodel.cz )

Is there another way to get replacement parts?

Cheers

Danny

Did you try more than once? I just sent them another message and will again after a couple of days. It's such a beautiful set too. I would really like it to be complete. They really do have nice quality resin products.

2 minutes ago, AlbertD said:

Did you try more than once? I just sent them another message and will again after a couple of days. It's such a beautiful set too. I would really like it to be complete. They really do have nice quality resin products.

I sent it twice in December!   I just resent it too LOL

I'll continue to try for a replacement but just ordered an Ultracast cockpit set for my Hasagawa P-47D. It actually looks better and quite a bit more detailed. It will be a good comparison at any rate. They also answer emails.

After almost a month with several emails including the one posted above I have given up. I received an UltraCast set in the mail today and will use the Aires set for parts on future builds. It's a shame too. The Aires stuff is really nice but I will avoid them in the future unless absolutely necessary. I would have been satisfied with an email saying they don't support replacement parts. At least it would have been an answer. 

Oh well, the UltraCast set looks really nice. Maybe even better.

17 minutes ago, Kagemusha said:

That's strange, Vandy used the email I posted, received a replay, and his items are on their way. 

I guess I'll try one more time before I condemn them. If I get the replacement part I'll just have to build another P-47D which is not a bad thing.

I use the above address and got a reply. I let both of you guys know through private message that I got a response from Aries.

Albert It's weird that you use the same email and didn't get a reply. Maybe for some reason you're going into a spam folder?

15 minutes ago, Vandy 1 VX 4 said:

I use the above address and got a reply. I let both of you guys know through private message that I got a response from Aries.

Albert It's weird that you use the same email and didn't get a reply. Maybe for some reason you're going into a spam folder?

I did get your PM and am glad you got a response. I really don't think I'm being ignored on purpose. Im sure there is a legitimate reason and I have been very polite with all my contact. I always give a company the benefit of the doubt, especially when they are in a non English speaking country. I added my address with the email to the above address. He could have just sent the part without responding to the email. I guess I need to be more patient. I'm just itching to get the fuselage together so I can move on with my build. In the meantime I'm doing a bunch of little stuff that will keep me busy for a while.