8 hours ago, LSP_Kevin said:

It looks like you need to be a member of that German forum in order to see images posted there. This is still some pretty interesting news, however, and I can't wait for some confirmation in English. Why is Jan not posting this kind of information here in our Vendors Board?

Kev, looks like this was posted by Heinz who used to be member here (Vulcan32) and he used to post many inside information from HPH, because of his friendship with Jiri Hodan, owner of HPH

I'm curious what will happen with the rest of the planned kits, Wyvern, SM-79 or He-177 announced a while back,I hope that they will appear in IM sooner or later with all the extras in HPH style.

Btw A-20 will be delivered by HGW in IM, with positive rivets and stressed skin etc. :)

jan

It's interesting news for sure. The only HPH kit I've owned was the Me 410. It was an impressive kit but I sold it on, I was a little daunted by all that resin in the end. That and all the work I could foresee with sanding and removing parts from those resin puddle backings. As for Fly, I've owned and attempted to build a couple of their Hurricane kits. Stunning surface detail out of the box but I really did struggle with the cockpit and its placement and some of the detail was basic at best in there. I ended up having a totally Hulk 'me smash' moment out of sheer frustration and binned the remains and sold on my other Fly Hurricanes. So, if we get a combination of HPH and Fly surface details with some resin cockpit details maybe and any known issues with the original kits ironed out I'm certainly going to be tempted to buy. Also I hope they go with the HPH approach of everything you need except the glue and paints in the box. I know it drives up cost but I'd likely end up buying the details anyway so may as well get it done in one hit. 

27 minutes ago, Jan_G said:

Kev, looks like this was posted by Heinz who used to be member here (Vulcan32) and he used to post many inside information from HPH, because of his friendship with Jiri Hodan, owner of HPH

It's a shame that Heinz no longer posts here, but I thought perhaps Jan Bobek could take up the slack. I believe he's a partner in the company.

Kev

3 hours ago, LSP_Kevin said:

perhaps Jan Bobek could take up the slack. I believe he's a partner in the company.

Well Kev it would be nice to have Jan Bobek posting here again. However it looks that he was not active on LSP since 2016.

Based on my understanding HGW and HPH are 2 individual companies and Jan Bobek is not partner in HPH. They are friends and have some collaboration together.

jan

33 minutes ago, Jan_G said:

Well Kev it would be nice to have Jan Bobek posting here again. However it looks that he was not active on LSP since 2016.

Based on my understanding HGW and HPH are 2 individual companies and Jan Bobek is not partner in HPH. They are friends and have some collaboration together.

jan

Thanks, Jan. I'm obviously confusing my companies!

Kev

I wonder if that means no more new resin kits from HPH?

I think IM is the way to go if you want more volume sales, resin and vac just doesn't chime with the majority of modellers.

Somehow  I just can't see an IM Gigant being practical either though?

Good news on the SB-2C model, very tempting!! :)

11 hours ago, D.B. Andrus said:

Don't they, though? Hope they will drop the price range into do-able.

I think they will be expanding and broadening their customer base by offering these subjects in IM and not just offering them in resin. 

Good call on their behalf to move to IM.

Really looking forward to this kit and others that may arrive in IM too!

Cheers

Alan

I think Resin has got a bit of a bad reputation left by some earlier companies that started doing them years ago so a lot of modellers or to be more accurate 'assemblers' just assume that all resin kits have big casting blocks on them that are a PIA to remove, trouble is that's not true of some of us, I can't think of any of our parts in our kits that have that and are at most just a gentle wiggle and come off the sprue, I suppose that's because we are not crashing them out in double quick time, more care is needed to cast this way as the moulds have a thinner and smaller fluid 'gate' to produce the castings this way. 

However the damage is done now so that's why on average one only sells about 60 off kits and I don't think it's anything to do with price, we've proved that.

It's a bit of shame because we use 3D CNC to create that 'manufactured look' for our parts and there's no whittling the parts out of wood and uneven matching of parts because it's all done in the CAD and machining.

Graham

1 hour ago, GrahamF said:

I think Resin has got a bit of a bad reputation left by some earlier companies that started doing them years ago so a lot of modellers or to be more accurate 'assemblers' just assume that all resin kits have big casting blocks on them that are a PIA to remove, trouble is that's not true of some of us, I can't think of any of our parts in our kits that have that and are at most just a gentle wiggle and come off the sprue, I suppose that's because we are not crashing them out in double quick time, more care is needed to cast this way as the moulds have a thinner and smaller fluid 'gate' to produce the castings this way. 

However the damage is done now so that's why on average one only sells about 60 off kits and I don't think it's anything to do with price, we've proved that.

It's a bit of shame because we use 3D CNC to create that 'manufactured look' for our parts and there's no whittling the parts out of wood and uneven matching of parts because it's all done in the CAD and machining.

Graham

Graham

This sounds like you should be in the aftermarket business then!

Because your description of casting blocks that are a PITA to remove certainly seems to fit most resin bits I have worked with recently :rolleyes:

Kind regards

Nick (happy to be called an assembler)