25 minutes ago, nmayhew said:

Graham

This sounds like you should be in the aftermarket business then!

Because your description of casting blocks that are a PITA to remove certainly seems to fit most resin bits I have worked with recently :rolleyes:

Kind regards

Nick (happy to be called an assembler)

So you've never bought any of our products then, which proves my point.

Graham 

2 minutes ago, GrahamF said:

So you've never bought any of our products then, which proves my point.

Graham 

If you make stuff for 109s, 190s and (WWII) Spitfires I'd be more than happy to :)

I remember seeing Jim H's review of your Attacker - it did look pretty cool I must say.

All the best

Nick

I would recommend Graham's products any day of the week!

They are simple to build IMO and if you buy more of those products then I'm confident more will follow!

The prices are very fair and the quality outstanding!

I've bought several items and I'm very satisfied with all of them.

All you need is some five minute two part epoxy glue which is easy to mix, and apply, and it's job done!

Give them a try, you won't regret it! 

Would love an A-20 with which to make a Boston night-fighter. 

So, am guessing the rumoured Fly Su-7 Fitter has been wiped off the map. Still waiting for the Swedish J.29 Tunnan.

Good news re the collaboration.

Tony

15 hours ago, Royboy said:

I would recommend Graham's products any day of the week!

They are simple to build IMO and if you buy more of those products then I'm confident more will follow!

The prices are very fair and the quality outstanding!

I've bought several items and I'm very satisfied with all of them.

All you need is some five minute two part epoxy glue which is easy to mix, and apply, and it's job done!

Give them a try, you won't regret it! 

Same here! Graham's stuff is very nice!

On 7/13/2019 at 11:55 PM, Jennings Heilig said:

Or it could be that it's just too damn big.  Much like 1/32 Lancasters and B-17s.  Honestly, I'd much rather see someone put some effort into a new, accurate 1/48 Goon (and Lancaster, and B-17, and, and, and...)

Interesting statement on a forum for 1/32 scale modellers

Being HpH, I'm expecting some very obvious mistakes, allied to a price that puts off most modellers.

Hopefully, I'll be pleasantly surprised, but until then I'm assuming they'll be less than acceptable.

Yes, I'm a real barrel of laughs.

46 minutes ago, DeanKB said:

Being HpH, I'm expecting some very obvious mistakes, allied to a price that puts off most modellers.

Hopefully, I'll be pleasantly surprised, but until then I'm assuming they'll be less than acceptable.

You're a barrel of something, alright.

7 hours ago, DeanKB said:

I was under the impression that provided it's Injection moulded mistakes are very acceptable?

Graham 

55 minutes ago, GrahamF said:

I was under the impression that provided it's Injection moulded mistakes are very acceptable?

Graham 

We get that there's a pretty strong negative bias towards resin. I have one too, I'm quite scared to assemble the resin kits I own because I want to do them justice. These are often handcrafted passion projects by small companies or even individuals, which understandably means they're generally more expensive than mass production kits, we get that. All the more reason not to want to screw them up. As with many types of kits or mediums there's a learning curve and not everybody is ready to take that plunge. All those things combined should make it understandable that some people prefer plastic. Then there's the problem with HPH, who seem to have a knack for releasing kits with some mind boggling engineering and design issues that could and should 've been fixed before release. If you go judging resin based on their standards it's quite understandable that people get put off by resin kits. I've sold my HPH kits and kept all the rest. Seeing them potentially released in plastic MIGHT be interesting IF the price is right and IF they fix some issues. Now, if you want to go around and blame and insult your potential customer base and say it's all their fault for blaming the medium, say it's the fault of all us naugthy assemblers who aren't willing to put in a bit of extra effort, sure, go right ahead. But you're not convincing anyone, you're just biting the hand that feeds. 

I think you misundestand me, my point is that if people are paying a lot less for Injection moulding they are prepared to wear the faults because by default they are paying a lot less,

this has been mentioned before by Silver wings who pulled their Gloster Gladiator due to an injection kit being about to be released.

Graham

42 minutes ago, GrahamF said:

I think you misundestand me, my point is that if people are paying a lot less for Injection moulding they are prepared to wear the faults because by default they are paying a lot less,

this has been mentioned before by Silver wings who pulled their Gloster Gladiator due to an injection kit being about to be released.

Graham

Might be my mistake then, though I was in part referring to your previous post. Seemed to me you were having a go at assemblers and partially blaming them for the bad rep resin gets.

As for the price thing, there's some truth to it. After all isn't it natural to be less critical if something is cheap. Not saying it's necessarily the right thing to do, I just think it's how our brains work. But I also think there's more to it than that. There's several people here that are cautiously excited because of both HPH and FLY's reputation. I almost sold my Fly Hurricane but I've decided to keep it in the end. And yes, that's partly because it's not a terribly expensive kit but also because there's not a lot of Hurricane alternatives in that scale. If Tamiya ever do a (more expensive) Hurricane MK.IIC the Fly kit will probably...err...fly... :P In case of the Gladiator, considering all the positive feedback ICM's previous releases are getting, if it turns out to be a good kit, why would one still want to buy the more expensive Resin kit? Perhaps the Resin one will still be the better kit but will it be three to four times the price better? That's up to the customer to decide.

Edited by EvilCarrot

No I was actually blaming previous manufacturers of years past [ not HPH ] for really spoiling the pitch because of their poor quality, I have in fact just received a kit I won't say from where it's in a slightly smaller scale but compared to the price we are charging the quality of this kit which to be honest is just OK I'm a bit astounded.

I also notice that a lot of them are using a really hard as rock resin which is the cheap stuff and that is self defeating because they are usually very aggressive and halves the life of the rubber moulds.

I also have the FLY Hurricane which I really like and their Arado 234 the same and HPH are just trying to provide what their customers want, we also have two IM kits on the way [ Aircraft ] but it's a slower burn project but will pay dividends because some kits are out there for years and years.

Graham