RP-3 rockets for Mosquito in 1/32, and placement

nmayhew

Our rockets are designed for the Typhoon, but we also sell Mosquito mounting stubbs so with a bit of simple work remove the old stubs and replace,

The mark 3 rail and mosquito stubs were done by Dave Brown so very happy with them.

Bob

3 hours ago, Bob MDC said:

Our rockets are designed for the Typhoon, but we also sell Mosquito mounting stubbs so with a bit of simple work remove the old stubs and replace,

The mark 3 rail and mosquito stubs were done by Dave Brown so very happy with them.

Bob

Given we have a beautiful Mossie in 32nd and Strike wing Mossies are a popular subject would you think a dedicated Mossie rocket set would be a good seller?

Id be up for at least two sets...

Edited by Darren Howie

2 minutes ago, Darren Howie said:

Given we have a beautiful Mossie in 32nd and Strike wing Mossies are a popular subject woukd you think a dedicated Mosdie rocket set would be a good seller?

Id be up for at least two sets...

I was thinking about having a go at a Banff Mossie but it appears all the Aviology decals are out of stock.   Anyone else do Strike Wing subjects for this kit?  For that matter, any resin night fighter conversion sets out there?

hey John

do you use masks?

whichever bird I end up making, i'll only be asking someone to make up masks so the decals aren't really required

the Avieology site can be used for the 'instructions' or I tend to use the Ultracast site which whilst no extensive, is excellent for the sheets it covers - they scan each set fully so you can read the instructions properly (something most reviews don't even do)

Ultracast decal summary for 1/32

The main obstacle to Banff birds is the rockets and now I find out the rails too.

Unless you are a scratchmeister, those double decker rails which sit outside the drop tanks are impossible, so that leaves you with just the regular railed airframes.

re the nightfighter, yes I am surprised too

I would have thought this would be an ideal subject for Roy Sutherland at Barracuda no?

Just a simple 'blob' new nose, and probably a few bits of resin in the cockpit and job done.

He could then make some decals to go with it.

Whilst his choices (or non-choices eg no FAA Corsair conversion - for the love of God why man?! :BANGHEAD2:) are sometimes perplexing, I think we need to remember that 1/32 is only one of a number of scales he works in, and I reckon 1/48 is his bread and butter.

7 hours ago, Bob MDC said:

Bob

now I am confused

do you have a rail and stubs all in one?

given Dave did the masters, why are they separate in the first place?

I know it's a bit confusing, but what happened is that Dave did the Mk 3 rail for the Typhoon quite a while ago, then with the release of the Tamiya kit Dave asked me if I would like to use the Mosquito mounting stubs as an addon for our rockets, I know doing a set dedicated to the Mosquito would make it easy but a time thingy got in the way.

So you need rails from us or another and our stubs.

Sorry about the confusion.

Bob

I was going to build a RP armed Banff Stike wing Mossie , but I couldn't deceide  the rig to build,

I did have the old Paragon RP Mk 2 rig they sold , but I was EXTREMLY wary about drilling/in the wong pl;ace etc etc , so I comprimised  and built a 333Sq aircraft , Strike wing , but no rockets.. ok its a cop out , but I can live with it!

colinR