Will anyone bring out post WW1 subjects?

Pup7309

1 hour ago, DeanKB said:

Americans seem to drop "u"'s from all sorts of words.

Along with all manner of other unused, unnecessary and superfluous letters from a whole myriad of words. After all, it was an American that took the time to reconcile the spoken language with the written, and then standardize it into something truly functional instead of what was chiseled into stone during the Dark Ages when the vast majority of the population was illiterate anyway...

For between-the-wars kits, don't dismiss the Hasegawa 1/32 BF2C, P-12E, P-26 and F4B-4 jewels. 

D

English is a fluid language always has been. But I still find it strange reading color without the u. Must work the same in reverse for most Yanks. Which makes me think that Canadians must get confused. Also French Canadians might have the same issue with their language and the original? (PS: previous comment/analogy totally agree- coffee in France, like resin kits, no thanks)

Anyway I digress. I guess I’m supposed to say something here about WNW or Peter Jackson...oh well just have to jump onto the Lancaster thread...

But who else would take on a line of injected early era kits that haven’t been done before? Hell there’s even some pre WW1 flying contraptions  I’d like to see them kit up!

There I said it...off to lozenge decal an Albatros. 

Edited by Pup7309

5 hours ago, D Bellis said:

After all, it was an American that took the time to reconcile the spoken language with the written, and then standardize it into something truly functional instead of what was chiseled into stone during the Dark Ages when the vast majority of the population was illiterate anyway...

Who was that then?

Walt Disney?.......................................Yabbadee, yabbadee, yabadeee......That's all folks!

:D

38 minutes ago, Pup7309 said:

Anyway I digress. I guess I’m supposed to say something here about WNW or Peter Jackson...oh well just have to jump onto the Lancaster thread...

But who else would take on a line of injected early era kits that haven’t been done before? Hell there’s even some pre WW1 flying contraptions  I’d like to see them kit up!

There I said it...off to lozenge decal an Albatros. 

Naaaa, cat's already out of the bag on this one.

Might have to just rely on the Lancaster thread for your WNW fix for the time being............................:lol:

7 hours ago, D Bellis said:

Along with all manner of other unused, unnecessary and superfluous letters from a whole myriad of words. After all, it was an American that took the time to reconcile the spoken language with the written, and then standardize it into something truly functional instead of what was chiseled into stone during the Dark Ages when the vast majority of the population was illiterate anyway...

D

I didn't know Samuel Johnson was an American? 

Didn’t Warner Bros. create Bugs Bunny?

Also we wouldn’t understand dark age English or even Middle Ages English which is a mixture of French, Latin and middle Anglo-Saxon. 

Geez next I’ll be commenting on oil canning...oh yeh other thread...

Edited by Pup7309

9 minutes ago, Pup7309 said:

Didn’t Warner Bros. create Bugs Bunny?

Yep.

My reference was to the "genre" of film animation and cartoons in general and to the contribution they have made to the English language.

:D

13 hours ago, D Bellis said:

After all, it was an American that took the time to reconcile the spoken language with the written, and then standardize it into something truly functional instead of what was chiseled into stone during the Dark Ages when the vast majority of the population was illiterate anyway...

By 'American' I take it you mean Samuel Johnson, an Englishman who compiled the world's first dictionary about 30 years before your country existed...

Edited by vince14

1 hour ago, Pup7309 said:

Also we wouldn’t understand dark age English or even Middle Ages English which is a mixture of French, Latin and middle Anglo-Saxon. 

I don't see why not, the origins of modern English are much the same.

It's been said Charles Dickens invented a third of the English language, but I think he just incorperated words which hadn't been chronicled before.

I have heard there is a Disney biopic in the pipeline of Dickens at the time he was working on Great Expectations, it's set in Boston, with Tom Cruise. 

10 hours ago, PhilB said:

Who was that then?

9 hours ago, Kagemusha said:

I didn't know Samuel Johnson was an American? 

8 hours ago, vince14 said:

By 'American' I take it you mean Samuel Johnson

For the uninformed/misinformed, I was referring to Noah Webster. Google that name for more information. ;) 

D

2 minutes ago, D Bellis said:

For the uninformed/misinformed, I was referring to Noah Webster. Google that name for more information. ;)

I know you're talking about Webster. He was only a mere 51 years behind Johnson in publishing a dictionary.

22 hours ago, Pup7309 said:

I did study Chaucer (14th Century) in the original at school once.  It took a bit of effort, but mostly was understandable.

The only dictionary - for cruciverbalists like myself, at least - is Chambers.

Inter-war subjects?  I've got the post-war Snipe and Ninack from WNW in the stash, looking forward to the Gladiator, and hoping ICM will oblige with some more.  Or perhaps Roden might - they have form (1:48 Gladiator series at least) in this area.  Siskin, Gamecock or Grebe anyone?