Will anyone bring out post WW1 subjects?

Pup7309

Wonder if we’ll see 1/32 20s and 30s subjects in the future? Anime films like ‘Porco Rosso’ etc include WW1 and post WW1 subjects like flying boats (and some fantastical type constructions). I thought this might interest someone like Peter Jackson. Stranger things have happened...

There are lots of resin kits out there already, from the likes of Silver Wings and Lukgraph. Presumably you're referring strictly to mainstream injection-moulded kits, but I'm not sure we'll see much from that particular market sector. The odd kit, maybe, but certainly not more than that.

Kev

20 minutes ago, Pup7309 said:

I thought this might interest someone like Peter Jackson.

I see what you did there Pup :lol:

Planting the seed so it ends up morphing into another "Peter Jackson's brain...WNW" thread ??? :D

As Kev says, some very nice interwar stuff already available from the likes of Silver Wings.

:thumbsup:

7 hours ago, PhilB said:

I see what you did there Pup :lol:

Planting the seed so it ends up morphing into another "Peter Jackson's brain...WNW" thread ??? :D

As Kev says, some very nice interwar stuff already available from the likes of Silver Wings.

:thumbsup:

:evil_laugh:Not really just a bit bored with the other threads...

But it would be interesting to see some flying boats or other interesting stuff go to injection moulding in 32nd scale. 

Is it mold or mould? Have to Google that. 

Edited by Pup7309

5 hours ago, Kagemusha said:

ICM's 1/32 releases are all interwar subjects, Gloster Gladiator next. 

They do seem to be heading in that direction.

There are the old, half a dozen, Hasegawa kits of US interwar types. They actually build up quite well & look good under yellow paint & only cost around £20, although the decals are shot.

Silver Wings do all sorts of inter-war types, as do Lukagraph. Although resin they are the easiest resin kits, with minimal clean up required, albeit bloody expensive.

Wingnut Wings have dipped their toes in with a couple of post-war kits - British biplanes that are not greeny-brown! 

So I think that, amongst that lot, there must be 20 odd inter-war kits already on the market? Plenty to be going on with.

4 minutes ago, DeanKB said:

They do seem to be heading in that direction.

There are the old, half a dozen, Hasegawa kits of US interwar types. They actually build up quite well & look good under yellow paint & only cost around £20, although the decals are shot.

Silver Wings do all sorts of inter-war types, as do Lukagraph. Although resin they are the easiest resin kits, with minimal clean up required, albeit bloody expensive.

Wingnut Wings have dipped their toes in with a couple of post-war kits - British biplanes that are not greeny-brown! 

So I think that, amongst that lot, there must be 20 odd inter-war kits already on the market? Plenty to be going on with.

True that. Looking forward to the Gladiator, hope it’s a good’n.

Don't forget the nice Williams Bros kits of racers and P-35.

A Vega would be nice also!

If great kits are produced (like WnW) of significant aircraft of that era I think there can be a nice market for them. Sprit of St-Louis is one but there are so many!

Alain

15 hours ago, Pup7309 said:

Wonder if we’ll see 1/32 20s and 30s subjects in the future? Anime films like ‘Porco Rosso’ etc include WW1 and post WW1 subjects like flying boats (and some fantastical type constructions). I thought this might interest someone like Peter Jackson. Stranger things have happened...

Agree 100%. Would love some of those Italian flying boats (and Schneider trophy floatplanes) done as IM styrene 1/32 kits.

I once asked for decaff coffee in a Toulouse restaurant and the waiter shrugged his shoulders contemptuously and said "mais c'est de la poudre!" So I had fresh regular. 

I feel the same way about PUR kits. Injection styrene please, even if just a short-run job. But, oh yeah, WnW doing those subjects would be irresistible

Tony

Well, PCM did a couple of really nice Mk1 Hurricanes as well as Fly having a go, personally I prefer the PCM offerings and oh maybe if we are lucky the big T will give use a Mk1 Spitfire sometime soon,  however my guess is someone is hoping this thread turns in to another boring ( my view only) Peter Jackson/ WnW what if thing again.......yawn, time for bed.

Regards. Andy