1/32 WnW salmson

The Dude

Greetings folks!

Well here is one of my latest project in my rotation of builds, the WnW salmson 2. I started this this past Sunday and actually had a lot of time to work on it this week. So far I have about 18 hours into it. the fit is very good so far... as I said before I am set up to build and not fancy photography. :blush:  Just plain ole laziness on my part lol. 

salmson1_zpsmahllows.jpg

salmson2_zpsu81gjk8i.jpg

salmson3_zpsul4xmp8i.jpg

salmson4_zps8o0famus.jpg

salmson5_zpsvwcfjm85.jpg

salmson6_zpsyktjdnpn.jpg

salmson7_zps4qaxkwlb.jpg

I usually have several builds going at once so this WIP thread may have some gaps between updates. I also started my 1/32 Lanc at the same time, so...

lanc_zps8fv7t4om.jpg

Edited by The Dude

1 hour ago, DeanKB said:

Great start.

Why was I expecting to see a freshwater fish?

:lol:

Thanks for the comments guys^_^... I just finished up the rigging on the aft part of the cockpit and getting ready to seal it up with the fuselage halves, pix to follow soon!

Edited by The Dude

• 2 weeks later...

Well I got some time in working on this one as my HK lancaster's filler dries...

fuselage sealed up this past weekend

salmson2-10_zpsimpxhjdu.jpg

engine shots

salmson-13_zpsn9tcg1bp.jpg

salmson-14_zps6pus7xtz.jpg

Engine test fitted to the fuse.

salmson-11_zpsyyujupsq.jpg

salnsom-12_zpsgiqhkqbh.jpg

rigging 

salmson-16_zpszekhjlbh.jpg

Mostly finished engine shot

salmson-18_zpspb3odowh.jpg

salmson-19_zpsmswyilde.jpg

and a sneak shot of the 'other' project :innocent:

lanc-5_zpsfzg5ekwp.jpg

more to come

Thanks Brian! Yeah the engine shutters are OOTB, they are actually molded in one piece. It was entertaining painting them :lol:.

As for the Nats, I would love to go but no dice this year. I don't have the extra cash for it although I do plan on going to San Marcos next year.

27 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Thanks Brian! Yeah the engine shutters are OOTB, they are actually molded in one piece. It was entertaining painting them :lol:.

Ill bet if they were a single unit. 

27 minutes ago, The Dude said:

As for the Nats, I would love to go but no dice this year. I don't have the extra cash for it although I do plan on going to San Marcos next year.

Same, same. It was good seeing you last year in PHX, and I too wish I was at Chatanooga and OshKosh this year!   Ill have to see about TX next year..............its nearly as far to San Marcos for me at it is for TN. 

The WNW kit looks fantastic.  Great interior detail and wood graining, a lot of which is sadly lost when you join things together!

And that Lancaster is huge!  One the one hand, it's a display space nightmare.  On the other, it's a stunning, big, impressive display piece that would fit well in a museum.  A really interesting kit.

• 2 weeks later...