Jump to content
Propwash

HobbyBoss 1/32 B-24D available

Recommended Posts

Just got the latest Squadron catalog in the mail.  HobbyBoss 1/32 B-24D is listed in it for US$200.99.   This is the version I really wanted, but in view of the fact that the J was such a disappointment ---and the buzz is that the D isn't any improvement--  I'm on the fence about placing an order.   But, then, it's unlikely there will be another 1/32 B-24 in the foreseeable future, so I may just swallow my pride and go for it.  Have to give the matter some thought.  

 

Incidentally, the reason I'm especially interested in the D is because I used to know a guy who piloted one on the Ploesti raid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really wanted a 1/72 ATR kit nothing in mainstream, nothing in resin...vacuform only, so I got one and I'm making the best of it. I'll grab up that D model and count my blessings!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing to do with swallowing your pride, it's the best injected plastic B-24D in 1/32 ever seen, or ever likely to be seen for the foreseeable future.

 

For the money, I think it's a good buy. Sure, it has its faults, but then again how many other 1/32 4-engined bombers even come close in price? It's not aimed at us at the top of the market, it's been designed to sell in volume, and for that to happen it has to be designed to a lowish price.

 

Don't let perfection be the enemy of good, especially at that price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Check out Iain Ogilvies correction program, it is a lot of work because it is big, but that makes it a lot less  fiddly than some,  and having seen the plastic in the flesh, so to speak, it makea a massive improvement! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Propwash said:

Just got the latest Squadron catalog in the mail.  HobbyBoss 1/32 B-24D is listed in it for US$200.99.   This is the version I really wanted, but in view of the fact that the J was such a disappointment ---and the buzz is that the D isn't any improvement--  I'm on the fence about placing an order.   But, then, it's unlikely there will be another 1/32 B-24 in the foreseeable future, so I may just swallow my pride and go for it.  Have to give the matter some thought.  

 

Incidentally, the reason I'm especially interested in the D is because I used to know a guy who piloted one on the Ploesti raid. 

 I wonder if it is in stock?  Good price though.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, I'm not familiar with it, but I'm definitely interested.  Tell me more.   Is there a site?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 32scalelover said:

 I wonder if it is in stock?  Good price though.....

I went ahead and placed an order.  They told me it's not currently in stock, but they expect it by the end of the month or early August.  That's okay.  I have The Airfix Hellcat to keep me busy in the meantime.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

They don’t have it in stock yet, so it’s not on the website.  It’s just listed in their latest flyer.

If you want to place a pre-order, you'll need to call their order desk (1-877-414-0434) and give them the stock number, HY83212.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the tip. Seems like an arse-backwards way of doing things when they run pre-orders for other things through their website... 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, DeanKB said:

Nothing to do with swallowing your pride, it's the best injected plastic B-24D in 1/32 ever seen, or ever likely to be seen for the foreseeable future.

 

For the money, I think it's a good buy. Sure, it has its faults, but then again how many other 1/32 4-engined bombers even come close in price? It's not aimed at us at the top of the market, it's been designed to sell in volume, and for that to happen it has to be designed to a lowish price.

 

Don't let perfection be the enemy of good, especially at that price.

Wiser words have never been written at this forum.

 

Great advice!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...