RAAF Macchi C.205 serie I - 1/32 21st Century Toys

artoor_k

Well done! It's indeed a nice kit for such a small price. There are decal sheets that cost more :)

One major problem seem to be the wheels, which apparently are too small. On the 21st century kit, the diameter is about 15 mm, while in the Pacific Coast Models MC.205,  they are about 19 mm. On the Special Hobby Fiat G.50 kit, they are also about 19 mm (slightly larger than on the PCM kit). I can only assume the wheels were similar or even the same on the MC.200/201/205  and Fiat G.50 series. There are after market wheels for the G.50 from CMK.

Cheers

Alex

1 hour ago, AlexM said:

Well done! It's indeed a nice kit for such a small price. There are decal sheets that cost more :)

One major problem seem to be the wheels, which apparently are too small. On the 21st century kit, the diameter is about 15 mm, while in the Pacific Coast Models MC.205,  they are about 19 mm. On the Special Hobby Fiat G.50 kit, they are also about 19 mm (slightly larger than on the PCM kit). I can only assume the wheels were similar or even the same on the MC.200/201/205  and Fiat G.50 series. There are after market wheels for the G.50 from CMK.

Cheers

Alex

Thanks for hint :) After looking for some photos I see you're right - wheels are the same. What really cool is  that I don't have to further modify gear struts. New wheels will fit for sure :) So..time for order :D

5 hours ago, artoor_k said:

I have to tell you that this kit surprises me. At one moment everything is fine and thet a horror appears. Like below...

Modellers Murphy's Law:

The higher the raised detail, the greater chance for more sanding in-between!

Looking good!

Gaz

Yesterday I've received resin wheels. They're significantly larger in diameter than kit ones. And definitely more accurate :)

ClCdixP.jpg

Which lead me to another task. I hoped that I can make them fit - no chance. So again...sandpaper, file, dremel...And there it is. Now I se how unnatural kit wheel looks...

eJDlPUE.jpg

Many thanks, AlexM :bow:

Yes the kit wheels are a joke, for my next builds I got replacements from SEM Models for the original build I used ones of uncertain parentage from the spares box, as Kev said anything is better than the kit ones.

Cheers

Dennis

Hello,

I'm back after short break. My wife is an archeress and she had a final of Poland Cup this weekend. I just had to be there with her, Veltro had to wait.

I'm still working on gear. Since movable struts feature is long gone, I'm going mount them permanently into wing and make'em stiff. So I glued two small styrene cubes into gear wells and put 100mm wires into struts.

qL8DJK9.jpg

vAHjGUw.jpg

And now I'd like to show you what I ordered :) Since all known models of these are much too expensive for me I placed an order for 3d printing :)

RklKYxd.jpg

9eom4Jx.jpg

Dropship is 1/48,Firefox is 1/32 :D :D :D

Edited by artoor_k

• 6 months later...

Hello,

I'm back after looong break.

I've tried to paint italian smoke rings but result was bad. I don't know what was wrong. Pressure, paint thinning? I have H&S Evolution Pro so painting thin lines shouldn't be a problem.

After many trials I've given up and bought Tauro 1/32 Smoke Ring decals. I hope for better results :)

• 10 months later...