What are these holes in nose of Kitty Hawk F-5E kit?

chuck540z3

Gents,

What are these holes on the bottom (left) of the nose of the Kitty Hawk F-5E kit?  Now that I've got final paint on everything, I'm wondering if they should even be there as vent holes or maybe even light receptacles?  I cannot find one pic on the net of this area, just forward of the nose landing gear compartment and while I'm at it, what are those oval holes for on the right?

S35Syo.jpg

Thank you,

Chuck

10 minutes ago, Juggernut said:

Every photo I can find that shows the areas in question do not have those holes. 

Thanks.  Me either until I found these.  It looks like they are indeed vent holes of some kind, but there should be a flap that closes..

Vent Holes 1

Vent Holes 2

They also look to be oval and not circular.  I think I'll fill mine with something, but keep the circular feature intact.

Cheers,

Chuck

Looks like KHM kept a tiny bit of the flat spot (ish) on the starboard side, but you are right the shape seems to be round with a very tiny flat spot as apposed to the U shape hole on the 1:1. 

fuselage_20060221_021_of_162.jpg

I found a few pictures showing the area in question on a Swiss jet the front "holes" were painted the same as the fuselage so I'm guessing vents for the radar ? and the back were painted a lighter color maybe antenae's the Swiss added ?

Don

Edited by DONG
spelling

Chuck,

I´m at work this night, so I can´t post any pics now, but have a look here:

https://www.ruag.com/en/products-services/air/wing-periphery/northrop-f-5-tiger/wing-flaps-ailerons-vertical-ruder-horizontal-stabilizer

This photo doesn´t "explain" those holes but it´s the best I could find on the net. As Brian wrote - there are flaps and not just holes.

Reimund