Revell 1/32 Bf109G-6 to G-14 blue 62

zaxos345

How did you "glue" the canopy frame when you folded it and brought it all together?  Soldering?  Or glueing?

Would you please tell me in some detail how you did that!?  You seem to know what your'e doing with very clean work.  I understand the principles of how to solder this; I just don't understand how to do it in reality with something like a little canopy frame as I only have 2 hands, etc.

You make it look really easy.  

25 minutes ago, ringleheim said:

How did you "glue" the canopy frame when you folded it and brought it all together?  Soldering?  Or glueing?

Would you please tell me in some detail how you did that!?  You seem to know what your'e doing with very clean work.  I understand the principles of how to solder this; I just don't understand how to do it in reality with something like a little canopy frame as I only have 2 hands, etc.

You make it look really easy.  

Good evening my friend... It is really simple.. 

First of all The material is Plastic Rod, i used one With the right diameter in order to be in scale. You can also use streched sprue. I cut 2 pieces in size... I flattened The edges and gave The angle in order to glue them on the frame. I used gators grip glue... You can also use White glue. Dont use cyano or tamiya like glue, you can easy damage something!! 

Hope i helped you somehow!!! 

John

7 minutes ago, zaxos345 said:

Good evening my friend... It is really simple.. 

First of all The material is Plastic Rod, i used one With the right diameter in order to be in scale. You can also use streched sprue. I cut 2 pieces in size... I flattened The edges and gave The angle in order to glue them on the frame. I used gators grip glue... You can also use White glue. Dont use cyano or tamiya like glue, you can easy damage something!! 

Hope i helped you somehow!!! 

John

Just now i looked again your question and understand That you mean The canopy... My mistake...i glued The canopy frames With cyano glue... Step by srep and using a 0.10mm wire to transfer The glue.. Little by little.. So That to be as clean as i could!! 

Later after the glue has dried i used relatively high grade sanding sticks to clear any glue! 

Hope i helped

John

Edited by zaxos345

• 2 months later...

Good morning guys,

Work and lack of time kept me back from posting any progress, but i kept working on her...finally found some time to sit down and post. There is a lot of work to show...so be patient :D

Back to cockpit...

8zt3v94l.jpg

tlOjStHl.jpg

uLut0TTl.jpg

I glued the cockpit the guns and the exhausts in place and closed the fuselage...minimum filler for the job...Well done revell!!!!

I also placed the resign gun cover from alley cat, and with the help of miliput i smoothed everyting out. I did not like the beveled edges of the revel piece at the back behind the seat so i placed a piece of styrene there... It would have been no problem with canopy closed but i will pose it open, so...

UT9Y0Hdl.jpg

XPUv2yal.jpg

pdcpLCol.jpg

Fyepujkl.jpg

07HyWMFl.jpg

eCTws2Yl.jpg

I also smoothed out those little details on airerons and elevators (dont know the name....)

Wx2OnTtl.jpg

...Some work at the ammo ejection chutes on the underside of the fuselage....

0zYTml8l.jpg

I assempled the gun sight and glued the windscreen on...

Sc1Tipel.jpg

dqFuGM7l.jpg

Glued the resign bulges on....

6NJcrrhl.jpg

8Fk0Obll.jpg

3zQynTYl.jpg

while glue was giving time to set, i dealt with the landing gear...painted and weathered...Everything is eduard brassin and resign...

459nNUtl.jpg

IK3gRxjl.jpg

omt7ciIl.jpg

tgshXUEl.jpg

q2CMhGal.jpg

0TWmKlul.jpg

7bf58vrl.jpg

SdlMT7Kl.jpg

kdwEMzzl.jpg

CdHE9Xwl.jpg

rsGA7tMl.jpg

9CHcES6l.jpg

I decided to deal with the spinner and propellers then...it is my first German build and to do the spiral on the spinner right it was a challenge...i think i made it!!!

YaSwgDIl.jpg

jKxL1tbl.jpg

x57BAeDl.jpg

mRpfr3El.jpg

SI3t1OSl.jpg

FulvYSbl.jpg

TYlt0uGl.jpg

QUgUGbVl.jpg

jmy79W8l.jpg

J1H8Hq5l.jpg

ayW4vWHl.jpg

HIXMhPXl.jpg

Yz457aql.jpg

After that i rescribed all the lost detail and rivet the whole arframe. A friend of mine told me that there were hardly any rivets showing on a BF-109...but i had already riveted her...:P

Anyway, for that reason and for scale purposes i always rivet before painting so after painting the minimum wil be visible....i hope...

8JvhDj4l.jpg

syokNTel.jpg

TPx9UCfl.jpg

8Dn2XkDl.jpg

I also scribed some missing belly details as well as missing IFF antenna location.

tYsDjW2l.jpg

And it was time to glue the wings on...i chose to glue the two upper halves together first, for each wing and the upper wings on the fuselage. Before trying to folow this way i made a lot of dry fits to assure that the fit was perfect. And i was not wrong, cudos to revell...Also this way gave me the room to put some cables in the wheel wells....

4YntlV5l.jpg

jefAMPQl.jpg

KRj0r1Yl.jpg

oAcDc0Nl.jpg

...wheel wells...

Az8jiDbl.jpg

dfcD8uRl.jpg

79kx1YIl.jpg

79kx1YIl.jpg

rS80Sl1l.jpg

uSybEMJl.jpg

nn4aOxjl.jpg

RP1wfsfl.jpg

r3EiJEul.jpg

Wings glued on.....

oAcDc0Nl.jpg

npsJWydl.jpg

L2YZUGyl.jpg

...fixed any gaps, masked everything and sprayed Mr. surfacer 1500 to see any imperfections. There were some an i dealt with them.

QdSpUUTl.jpg

EDPPtaHl.jpg

cu3QkrMl.jpg

SYNUl4tl.jpg

Kn1K3JBl.jpg

mBpIjs2l.jpg

jpgfLrTl.jpg

And it is time to throw some paint on. I tried something new for me, some presading with some kind of marbling.

6O12Y4fl.jpg

p0JVIFKl.jpg

M0NAkNbl.jpg

WhE1xkYl.jpg

And i started put the colors on lightly. All the colors are AK real colors, they went smooth expept of the RLM81 the brown one which seemed to clog my arbrush even if i diluted with strong harware lacqeur thinner.

tL0nLpSl.jpg

LxEFik2l.jpg

ALPPDBol.jpg

daHkSzBl.jpg

YJcYd3Pl.jpg

bzY7yngl.jpg

ZYNj6FGl.jpg

UbfqXY0l.jpg

cT1ZyC6l.jpg

01qiN0jl.jpg

zpFczZ4l.jpg

hZVP9MKl.jpg

Yjmmeccl.jpg

PejQEmUl.jpg

4jYtVx9l.jpg

NX9q4m4l.jpg

I spayed the wing insignia first with custom masks...

vX3Vangl.jpg

5a2LC1dl.jpg

oQgSsNql.jpg

QozMdAyl.jpg

37isdncl.jpg

rqOkRpSl.jpg

You can also see some really nice detail which even barracuda on his decals didn't catch it in this profile. Behind the ''2'' you can see a small fading  ''3'' which was oversprayed in order to put Nr 62 on top.

If you magnify the pic...you will notice...

QgvmuhDl.jpg

cMgJz3wl.jpg

It was also my fist time to spray motling, my first attemp... i sparyed the patterns and i tried to weather them a bit....Hope i succeded something!!! 

Ng1lHBol.jpg

XgXKqaVl.jpg

QozMdAyl.jpg

wK3GYI5l.jpg

ylA2t03l.jpg

zIPVOl3l.jpg

1IPWbrGl.jpg

CHu0dcql.jpg

And as yoy can see, i masked, with custom masks of mine, and sprayed the insignia on the fuselage....

IRSFol5l.jpg

pO46c19l.jpg

C5JXwajl.jpg

RuugOoZl.jpg

It was a long post guys, hope you like it so far,

John

Edited by zaxos345