WWII Luftwaffe maritime camouflage colors question

I have been postponing the building of my Revell 1:32 Ju88 A-4 and He111 H-6  for ages since I started having doubts about their proper camo colors - as I want to model both in continental coastal service, should they be finished in RLM 72/RLM 73 as all maritime aircraft proper (such as the Fw200 Condor, the Blohm & Voss 138 or the Arado 196) or in the customary bomber scheme of RLM 70/RLM 71? In other words, does anybody know if the maritime scheme of RLM 72/RLM 73 was customarily and officially applied at the factory on airplanes batches earmarked for over-water use even if the models were not originally built as such? As we all know, both the Ju88 and the He111 had versions specifically built or factory-adapted for maritime, coastal and general over-water work such as torpedo carrying - my question is, would these be factory painted in the maritime scheme of RLM 72/RLM 73 or just conveniently finished in the land camo scheme of RLM 70/RLM 71, as usual? Opinions - possibly supported by hard facts or official documents - much appreciated, thanks :rolleyes: !

Edited by Andrea Ferrari

We may never know, but I am far more interested in doing a Ju 88 in maritime Blue. No doubt that is another one we can never be certain of although it seems likely. More problematical are the blue Me 109s though, as featured recently in SAM.

13 minutes ago, Alburymodeler said:

We may never know, but I am far more interested in doing a Ju 88 in maritime Blue. No doubt that is another one we can never be certain of although it seems likely. More problematical are the blue Me 109s though, as featured recently in SAM.

There was one which landed in Switzerland, right? I believe an A-14 (so a maritime plane from the start) of KG54 with a wellenmuster on top if I am not mistaken.