Last and (nearly) First!

mozart

12 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

Great stuff Max! I know what you mean with the emblem, I've pushed my cutter to it's small limits on a couple of occasions, and had to find other ways. 

Thanks Brian. I was disappointed that I couldn’t use the firebird so I’m afraid I’ll be using Revell’s decal, I really don’t like decals but there’s no other real option apart from freehand painting in situ........hmmmm, might give that a go if I practice first! :huh:

12 hours ago, Iain said:

Good call on the G-Factor gear Max - I've had my two Hunters sag on their kit main legs over the years.

Iain

Yes Iain, I can understand that happening, it’s a weighty old beast with all the ballast in the nose. When you compare the quality and strength of the G-Factor legs with SAC’s butter-soft offering, there’s no contest! 

Golf cancelled today due to weather :angry2: but more time at the modelling bench :clap2::D

I've been doing some bits and bobs, like the undercarriage, wheels and the fairings.  I must admit the incredibly simplistic and ambiguous instructions had me pondering for quite some time about what was required for the main u/c leg fairing but hopefully I'm on track now.

hKMd9n.jpg

I've done a lot of pondering!  I also pondered about the firebird stencil, which I think may now be usable.  On my 1/48th Hurricane mule I've sprayed the basic yellow background and, whilst I think the rest of the masks may be too fiddly to use, I reckon I can freehand the flames and eye detail.  Time for trials later. :wacko:

j9ApQW.jpg

I've also pondered about my Fw44 Stieglitz and reached a decision about the way ahead with the rigging for it, but that's a different thread!

Not too shabby for the first attempt, I'll have a couple more practice goes before doing "the real thing".  I think the main difficulty will be securing the Hunter in a firm angled position so that I can paint it easily.  By the way, the freehand bits were done with MRP Aqua colours:

fOdO6Q.jpg

Say hey, that nice Max!  I actually did something similar on a Pony mask for Glens demo OV-10A.  I think the hand painted parts really look the part too.  I would have to guess the 1:1 was hand painted too? 

Good on ya!  

37 minutes ago, Lothar said:

You're full of surprises Max, and very convincingly so. I wish I had some of your 

abilities. That Hunter will become a masterpiece :goodjob:

Lothar

20 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

Say hey, that nice Max!  I actually did something similar on a Pony mask for Glens demo OV-10A.  I think the hand painted parts really look the part too.  I would have to guess the 1:1 was hand painted too? 

Good on ya!  

Thank you my friends, it wasn't that hard to be honest - all a question of having the right tools!  When I was at Telford last year almost my first purchase was a brush from the Zoukei-Mura stand which cost me £10.00, quite a lot for a very small brush I thought. :wacko: But the quality of the sable hair is what tells of course, so it holds the paint well, goes beautifully to a point and is a pleasure to use. :) Needless to say I take great pains to clean it properly every time.