Trumpeter 1/32nd F-100D ANG

Here are the final set of shots taken outside on a cloudy day. Glad this one is over - largely my own fault having dropped it and that fact that Trumpeter and the UK distributor off now spares parts service whatsoever (I tried several times with both and received no response).

The kit had the very extensive Eduard series of sets, Aires cockpit, exhaust and wheel bays, Avionix cockpit etc

There are a number of mistakes - small tanks, early exhaust when it should be the later one. I am sure there are a bunch more. I also noticed post photographing that I have knocked the fuse extenders so that are not all equally spread. 

I was pleased with the effect of reducing the pin cushion divots that Trumpeter wanted to pass as rivets. 

7EBMSM.jpg

i5tEjq.jpg

B5fHct.jpg

c4hjuw.jpg

3Njpty.jpg

JXUb8a.jpg

FW0KXT.jpg

iEPdJX.jpg

That looks awesome!  I'd been waiting for this to get done so I could see how the final weathering and paint came out.  Looks faded and touched up like you see on so many Nam' photos.

Love it!

Gaz

Thank you very much for your kind comments. The paints where all Mr Color as they thin and spray beautifully and allow you to do lots of nice shading etc. I also used artist templates, sponge dabbed Mr Neo and very thin Mr Color tints to create multiple levels of colour plus repainted that you see on aged planes of this era. I am glad you think it worked out :-)

On 7/4/2019 at 8:42 PM, Barry said:

Very well done for an aged bird, used but not abused.:thumbsup:

Barry

Ditto......this says it all!!!