WnW Fokker E.1 (Early)

monthebiff

Feeling a bit bogged down on my main project at the moment so decided to have a change of pace and do a nice quick build so after looking through the stash settled on this one. With a bit of time off this week I'm hoping to make a bit of decent progress?

20190703-205658.jpg

Made a start on the cockpit and used a mix of Tamiya acrylics, Uschi Van Der Rosten wood decals, oils and pencil as well as EZ line and bobs Buckles to get to this point.

20190620-125937.jpg

20190620-125954.jpg

Seat assembly was painted with a mix of acrylic and oils with the seat cushion being painted with acrylics followed by Uschi leather decals which seemed to work quite well. Lower belts added from HGW as always.

20190620-182630.jpg

20190620-182634.jpg

Fuselage inside panels painted with various Tamiys acrylic shades follwed by Aviattic French linen decals.

20190621-141125.jpg

Having loads of fun with this build and just cracking on with it and not worrying to much about the outcome. 

As always comments/ criticism always welcome and thank you for looking in.

Regards. Andy

19 hours ago, AlbertD said:

Your off to a great start. I wish my skills were at a level that  a WNW kit could be a distraction from a bigger project. This will be fun to follow.

Thank you for looking in Albert, I generaly build WWII twin engined subjects and when I find myself needing a break from a current larger project I always reach for one of the smaller Wingnuts kits as they are such fun to build.

Regards. Andy

A little more progress today, first up I completed the fuselage side frames ready for final cockpit assembly. 

20190620-182609.jpg

Instrument board and fuel tank assembly also built up and painted as well.

20190620-130859.jpg

I also managed to complete the cockpit assembly today, did I mention I'm enjoying this one?

20190621-141144.jpg

20190621-141200.jpg

Follwed by a quick test fit in to the starboard fuselage half

20190621-142105.jpg

Very happy with progress, will get the fuselage halves together and hopefully with no nasty steps in the final fit.

Regards. Andy

Buttoned up the fuselage last night with no problems, I wasn't really liking the stitching on the lower fuselage so I sanded it back followed by masking a strip and spraying with Mr Surfacer. When this had dried I added Archer resin stitching decals

20190629-091332.jpg

and under a coat of primer 

20190704-142959.jpg

Much happier with the results compared to the kit supplied plastic insert.

Regards. Andy

Super work as ever Andy, the build looks to be going incredibly with well. It’s always good to have a change of era and/or subject type......I’m about to start my second-ever jet!! :o  Looking forward to seeing more progress with the Fokker. 

23 hours ago, mozart said:

Super work as ever Andy, the build looks to be going incredibly with well. It’s always good to have a change of era and/or subject type......I’m about to start my second-ever jet!! :o  Looking forward to seeing more progress with the Fokker. 

Having a bit of a change from the norm which is usually twin engined WWII types is always a breath of fresh air for me Max and helps re charge the batteries.. If your next jet is as good as your Meteor we will be in for a treat by the way!!

Regards. Andy

Spent some time getting the rear upper fuselage filled and sanded flat and smooth as I did get a little step towards the rear, when happy I added the tail plane and foward fuselage cowls.

20190705-112741.jpg

So the fuselage is now ready for masking and paint, Also spent his morning having some fun painting the engine.

20190705-111528.jpg

Have enjoyed some decent modelling time this week and just building and painting and not worrying to much about accuracy etc. loads done before being back at work this week and hoping to keep a bit of momentum going and actually finishing a build within a month!!.

Regards. Andy

Edited by monthebiff

Sunday's efforts here with wings painted and decaled. Being and older WnW kit the decals behaved perfectly and settled down without issue.

20190707-085644.jpg

Wings now ready for some weathering and install Gaspatch turn buckles in readiness for rigging.

Regards.. Andy

21 minutes ago, Bstarr3 said:

Beautiful work, Andy.  You're really moving on this build!

Had a really good week of work and lots of modelling time and made the most of it, things will go back to the usual glacial pace again but still hoping to get it done within the month!!

Regards. Andy