Martin Pegg's "Henschel Hs 129 Panzerjäger"

D.B. Andrus

looking forward to this book, but...

also slightly concerned that the price puts a LOT of pressure on it to be stunning, and still a little dubious about all the pre-war blurb it supposedly contains about the birth of this and that...really not interested, but hey ho

there's a lot of mediocrity churned out in the £20 range on so many aircraft now, so at three times the price this better cover all the bases

Does anyone know any more information about these two versions of the same book?  It seems weird to me to add additional information to a book and have it end up being less pages than the original.  I was considering ordering one for the new ZM kit if it had significantly better information than the original.

Greg

Edited by 32scalelover

• 5 weeks later...

Hi guys

thanks for the interest in the book. It's getting rave reviews all round.

There seems to be some confusion about the content: More than a few of those advertising the book are using a blurb based on the estimate we used prior to signing the author.

Therefore the content is as follows:

296 pages

13 colour profiles by Janusz Swiatlon

415 photos

updated drawings by Arthur Bentley

Even before I received the book I'd sold 600 copies....so there are now less than 400 left. If you want a copy in time for the release of the ZM kit, then please swing on over to my website:

www.chandospublications.co.uk

cheers

Rich

On 7/3/2019 at 11:10 PM, nmayhew said:

looking forward to this book, but...

also slightly concerned that the price puts a LOT of pressure on it to be stunning, and still a little dubious about all the pre-war blurb it supposedly contains about the birth of this and that...really not interested, but hey ho

there's a lot of mediocrity churned out in the £20 range on so many aircraft now, so at three times the price this better cover all the bases

It absolutely does cover all the bases - frankly it's a bargain at £60!

Thanks Rich

To be honest I'm still on the fence; the whole history bit beforehand is just fluff in my view and doesn't belong there.

Presumably the book will sell out before anyone actually puts out a *proper* review and accurately summarizes contents and chapters etc... if so my loss but I'll sit and wait I think.

8 hours ago, nmayhew said:

Thanks Rich

To be honest I'm still on the fence; the whole history bit beforehand is just fluff in my view and doesn't belong there.

Presumably the book will sell out before anyone actually puts out a *proper* review and accurately summarizes contents and chapters etc... if so my loss but I'll sit and wait I think.

What is your definition of a proper review? I've never seen any hard and fast rules regarding hobby item related reviews.