Revenge on George Lucas.

Hardcore

Another commission for a friend. It is basically a toy that I have modded, or destroyed, depending how you see it. 

Getting rid of the wings simplified things a bit. 

Primer is some powerful plastic Primer i bought specifically for this project. 

(The toy is not exactly made of styrene but some other plastic i suspected could cause trouble.) On top of that i should perhaps have used white overall, but for some reason I only used it on the fin to make markings. 

Instead I sprayed on Citadel 'Zandri Dust' directly from the can. It didn't cover well and i had to apply many layers of paint to get an opaque surface. 

I tested new 0.2mm needle and nozzle in my Iwata Neo when painting the mottles. It originally is an 0.35mm AB but I bought spare parts on ebay to make on unofficial upgrade. 

It worked reasonably well, but then the paint was Gunze RLM82 light grun IIRC. Good paint that. 

The panel wash is just earth oil colour. Next session I will clean that upp. 

IMG_20190328_212701402_zpsd53ppcro.jpg

IMG_20190628_194919168_zpsgxpto08a.jpg

IMG_20190628_215422747_zpskim5r823.jpg

IMG_20190701_232303334_zpsosf9xmo8.jpg

I can add that I didn't bother with any fading because that would mean trying to find a proper colour in my drawer, rather than just adding white to the base (something not possible with this spray can.)  I still fell I need some weathering to be done, perhaps by sponge?  

I just found out about photobuckets watermark. Something will have to be done about that.

Edited by Hardcore

• 5 weeks later...

So, some progress. Applying the classic tail band. Gunze white acrylic, but it turned out to be lighter than the cross on the fin, which is basically a primer. No big deal. It is hard to notice. 

IMG_20190729_211830142_zpsk6yw36js.jpg

IMG_20190729_222607780_zpsscj1q5hi.jpg

Adding the fasces. They are 1/48 Scale and are too small. Hmmmm. Maybe I got bigger ones somewhere. Note to self. Scrounge bombs. 

IMG_20190801_213957995_zpsgp1wyqml.jpg

I am happy with the result so far, but I worry about weathering. I'll think I will use the sponge technique. 

Thanks for looking!

Edited by Hardcore

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...