Midway - a new Roland Emmerich's movie...

Trak-Tor

15 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

Yeah.  I’m having a hard time warming up to this.  Looks like another overblown CGI spectacle.

14 hours ago, D.B. Andrus said:

Rated LoDM* - (not suitable for accuracy buffs)

* Lots 'o Dramatic Music

10 hours ago, vince14 said:

That looks like utter steaming pile of dog turd.

Yes indeed.  I'll definitely pass on this.  Makes one appreciate the 1976 Charlton Heston et al film all the more.

The original Midway movie was an attempt to capture what Tora Tora Tora brought to the screen. But, it was a failure.  To much melodrama and not enough factual history. To this day, I still don't care about "Tom's" girlfriend! LOL!  As for this new movie, the CGI thing looks a bit much, but can be tolerable if what they portray is factual, like Tora Tora Tora did, and not a melodramatic nightmare, much akin to Pearl Harbor with Afleck and Baldwin.  I guess we'll see. By the way, Tora Tora Tora is 100% accurate. The vignette stories in it are straight from Gordon Prang's books, At Dawn We Slept and Tora Tora Tora.  The same for the Longest Day by Cornelious Ryan! All the little side stories in it, are based on actual accounts. Actual accounts make for better movies when it comes to stories about war.

Edited by Big Texan

12 hours ago, Markjames1968 said:

looked ok to me, airplanes and action on a big screen , what's not too like? I'm sure it wont be an Oscar winner, or for that matter particularly historically accurate, but when else do we see Dauntlesses etc on the big screen?

Oh, I don't know. Maybe the movie 'Dauntless'?