Tamiya F-16CJ WIP

Guest DannyVM

I finally getting back to my modelling table. Still working on the KH F-5E but in the mean time, i wanted to start this splendid kit. 

This one will be a total oob build. No extra's, just the thing's provided in the box will be used and some scratch build items where necessary.

I'm gonna follow the Tamiya instructions, which are a little unconventional compared with other manufacturers instructions, but nevertheless it will be a very interesting build if i look at the kit inside.

This kit can be build and when finished it can be disassembled for transport. Therefore, lot's of part's are just not glued together. I won't go this way, the whole model will be glued, except for the weapons.

Enough talk, time to start this Viper.:whistle:

I'm beginning with the engine, which will be put together but not in detail, the whole thing will be hidden into the fuselage.

Also the main wheelbay is getting done, which is part of the air intake. The air intake seams are filled with some putty.

The inside of the exhaust is done with some extra weathering to get a realistic look. Also the exhaust nozzle itself is painted.

Exhaust done, time for the cockpit work, again, this will be totally oob. The kit's cockpit is very nice, fit is great and the pilot is a real juwel, so i will use him to control this model.:D

All the needed cockpit part's

Some dry-fit with some clever engineering to get the part's fit together.

After the ejection seat is glued together i dry-fitted all the cockpit part's to see if there was any trimming needed. But all part's fit's perfectly, even the pilot is easily getting in and out without breaking any part's.:speak_cool:

Now it's time to give this cockpit some color..........

Edited by DannyVM

First paint go's onto the ejection seat. This is the end result.

Next comes the pilot.

And finally the cockpit itself.

And after all 3 part's are joined, it look's like this,

Hope u all like it.

Greetz

Danny

Edited by DannyVM

Thank's guy's:speak_cool:

Yesterday i did some detailing regarding the F-16 wheelbay's. Not my favourite thing to do, but hey, once starting with the tiny wire and brass tubes there's no stopping.;)

So after some painstaking hours of cutting, bending, cursing and glue the damn things into the wheelbay's i'm satisfied.

I have to say this is maybe not 100% realistic and complete, but it will give the wheelbay a more natural look when looking inside.

I started with the front wheelbay, let's say a warming up for things to come.:D

I used different sort's of lead wire, brass tubes and copper wire.

Next are the main wheelbay's.

Like i said before, wheelbay's are not my favourite part, still i like to give them a more realistic look. When you leave these alone and paint them the way they are it will have an empty look, so, this is how it look's oob.

Thank's for watching.:thumbsup:

Edited by DannyVM

20 hours ago, AnthonyWan said:

Looks great! 

Did you finish the A-6?

Nope this one is on hold....

19 hours ago, Bstarr3 said:

Amazing work!  That's some incredibly clean painting on the cockpit, ejector seat, and pilot!  

Thank's, just some painting, nothing more, everyone can achieve this.

3 minutes ago, DannyVM said:

Thank's, just some painting, nothing more, everyone can achieve this.

Not me :(

That's why I do indeed admire builds like this one - absolutely fantastic

result!!!

Lothar