mozart

eBay idiocy!!

Yesterday I friend of mine told me that one seller from China (dongyli)  was selling a batch of Trumpeter's 1/32 F-14B Tomcat at the ridiculous price of $18.99 with free SpeedPAK shipping. . I brought it, dont know if I am a fool or I got a once in a lifetime bargain there,  but at least I will have some cash to get Zactomen F-14 correction and still have some pennies for a Bacon Classic from  Wendy's. 

There was, probably, a similar vendor a couple of years ago selling Tamiya F4U-1D's, I bought a couple, curiously they have yet to arrive, though thankfully I did get a full refund from ebay. 

On another note, a mate of mine lives in the States, hates the bacon, nothing like as good as in the UK, life sucks sometimes... :rolleyes:

Bacon here in the states has no meat on it and is cooked until its burnt to a crisp.

Miss some Danish

Andy

My theory about idiot bay is that a lot of people 'get off' with the thrill of the chase, I've proved  it, I have had something identical for the same price as the last persons bid who has just been beaten and they don't buy it. 

Another thing I've never understood is people who bid it up with say 6 days to go, that's really dumb.

Graham 

6 hours ago, GrahamF said:

My theory about idiot bay is that a lot of people 'get off' with the thrill of the chase, I've proved  it, I have had something identical for the same price as the last persons bid who has just been beaten and they don't buy it. 

Another thing I've never understood is people who bid it up with say 6 days to go, that's really dumb.

Graham 

Another option is that the bidder is just adding something more to the already paid package with goods from the same seller. When I buy books from one of British ebay book seller, they put them on a pile and ship one parcel with a dozen or more books each few months. In result, shipping costs me £1-2 per book regardless of its size, instead of £8-17 (depending on weight) if I bought just a single book, so sometimes it is actually reasonable for me to place a theoritically unreasonable bid, as I will save on shipping anyway.