1/32 Revell FW-190 F-8

5 hours ago, adameliclem said:

Beautiful work on the engine, Sophie. What paint did you use for the cylinder heads? The brightness of it looks just right.

Adam

Thank you, I really appreciate that! It is the new Vallejo Metal Colour range in aluminium. I used AK Panel Liner for black and grey camo over it. 

Hey, Sophie. Thanks for taking a look at my Spit.  Lovely work on the engine - really looks great!  I have this kit in my stash as well so will be looking forward to seeing your progress. 

2 hours ago, Bstarr3 said:

Hey, Sophie. Thanks for taking a look at my Spit.  Lovely work on the engine - really looks great!  I have this kit in my stash as well so will be looking forward to seeing your progress. 

Thank you! Your Spit is going to be a beauty. I hope to see your FW-190 at some point. My stash has suddenly grown quite a bit recently, lol

Really nice work Sophie, those Vallejo Metal colours are so nice to work with aren't they! Hopefully your build will help me get mine back on track as its nearly there but has been laughing at me from the shelf of doom for the last 18 months, nothing wrong with it but not sure how to handle the engine to foward bulkhead wiring, probably did'nt help opening up loads of extra panels as well.

DSCN3272.jpg

DSCN3270.jpg

Will be watching along for some inspiration to get this one completed!

Regards. Andy

I was struggling with the wiring too. I’m also struggling with doing the mottling. My cheap airbrush just won’t spray well enough to do it, and for now I just can’t afford a better one. I’ll post some more pics once I get a bit more done though.

thats a lovely looking butcher bird though! Love the camo scheme.

Edited by curiouslysophie

Forgot to ask in my previous post Sophie but are you using any of the other Eduard resin sets? The cockpit is fantastic as is the upper MG installation. Not a fan of the brass undercarriage though and would stick with the kit parts next time.

Regards. Andy

31 minutes ago, monthebiff said:

Forgot to ask in my previous post Sophie but are you using any of the other Eduard resin sets? The cockpit is fantastic as is the upper MG installation. Not a fan of the brass undercarriage though and would stick with the kit parts next time.

Regards. Andy

I have the undercarriage set, wheel set, the cockpit, and the upper gun bay from Eduard. I also have most of their PE sets for this plane too. I got the aims wing gun bays, the quickboost tail wheel and fuel points. HGW belts, some brass barrels for the upper MG’s as the Eduard ones didn’t look as nice. I got the Eduard hatch set for the D9 as some of the hatches work for the F8, specifically the tail, radio, and fuselage hatch. I got a set of Eduards PE placards.

The undercarriage does seem a little unnecessary really, and I hate how they cast the break line on to the strut! The aims gun bays were a bit fiddly to fit.

Sorry, I meant aires! Got mixed up with Me-262 upgrades, lol. 

The tail wheel took a lot of sanding and thinning to get in! It does look lovely though. I scratch built the part visible through the tail hatch. I don’t plan on having it wide open, so didn’t go mad on the detail.