1/32 Revell FW-190 F-8

Here is my first post of a plane, indeed my first ever plane kit! I’m having lots of fun with it! I have chucked every aftermarket part at this kit as I like loads of intricate detail. I’ve also decided to open up many of the panels to get a better view inside.

I didn't take pictures before finding this forum, so I’m already a chunk of the way through. I build not too full historical accuracy, but I keep it in the realm of possibility.

Today I finished the engine; a truly wonderful kit by Eduard.

I hope you all like it!

Sophie

72BCD2ED-806C-4A13-BED3-EB074C826E87_zpsC166A1B0-B029-4203-8331-7CFAE6B44DCA_zps36517C2C-66AF-4F17-99C4-18843F7AF91C_zps807B4384-4704-4A10-BCFE-A154E68DCA6B_zps

If anyone know of a better way to get pictures up on here, I’m all ears. Photobucket is terrible!

21 minutes ago, spacewolf said:

I signed up for free with IMGUR and have never had any problems. Photo bucket sucks.. and not well !!  Some stunning detail on that engine !! Can't wait to see more. The FW-190 is one of my fav aircraft.

I'll try imgur, should be an easier site to use. Thank you as well, I also love the FW-190, it's a pretty plane. I have a P-51D (Tamiya), Spitfire Mk.II, He-111 (Revell), and Me-262 A-1 (Trumpeter) lined up to be done next. I'm looking at getting the ZM Ho-229, something about that plane has always fascinated me!

ZM kits are the best and the 229 is sweet,  but read the instructions carefully ! The rotor/ stator parts in the engine are shaped to fit only one way but can be assembled wrong (guess how I know..) You have some great kits in the lineup.. looking forward to seeing what you do with them.

Edited by spacewolf

3 minutes ago, spacewolf said:

ZM kits are the best and the 229 is sweet,  but read the instructions carefully ! The rotor/ stator parts in the engine are shaped to fit only one way but can be assembled wrong (guess how I know..) You have some great kits in the lineup.. looking forward to seeing what you do with them.

Thanks for the tip! I have some ideas for displaying half covered/half with internals showing. I hope I can do them justice! The builds here are amazing! 

Great work Sophie,

Welcome to the forum from Australia. You have some great kits in your lineup, you obviously have good taste!

Like many, I ditched Photobucket and went to another service. I use Postimage, www.postimg.cc as it’s free and easy.

I look forward to following on.

Regards,

7 hours ago, Kahunaminor said:

Great work Sophie,

Welcome to the forum from Australia. You have some great kits in your lineup, you obviously have good taste!

Like many, I ditched Photobucket and went to another service. I use Postimage, www.postimg.cc as it’s free and easy.

I look forward to following on.

Regards,

Thanks! It is lovely to see the talent on display here. I’ve always wanted to try building planes, and you all have inspired me :D

4 hours ago, AlanG said:

Following this build Sophie. I have one in my stash and i'm a massive wurger fan. Love the detail on the engine.

Thank you Alan :D It is a lovely bird to build. The fit could be better, took a fair bit of filling and sanding to get it smooth (might just be my lack of skill though!). The eduard sets for this kit are great, highly recommend the engine and cockpit sets.

Welcome aboard Sophie.  I use postimage.org with great success and love it.  What is your location? Noticed

that it is not shown on your profile.

Cheers,

Jerry

32 minutes ago, Kagemusha said:

Nice work on the engine, not a bad rendition by Revell. Have you settled on a scheme yet? - there's quite a few decal options out there, one of the more interesting is the Hungarian Air Force option by HAD decals

Thanks! :lol: It’s actually the Eduard engine set, a lovely lump of resin and PE. I have one of the EagleCal decal sets. I tend to do fictitious schemes for my models. I don’t like to be held to copying a precise machine, and I’m far from a rivet-counter. I am going to go for a late-war German scheme. Likely a Yellow plane as I like the yellow tail and lower engines cowls.