Bf 109G-2 cockpit info required.

12 minutes ago, ade rowlands said:

Was there any fuel lines or any lines at all running down the bulkhead either side of the seat like the 109E? Can’t seem to find any photos of that area. 

There were no fuel lines running along the rear bulkhead. All fuel lines passed under the cockpit floor (except for that drop tank line in the OP). On the port (left) side there is a pipe for compressed air that brought air from the compressed air bottle inside the fuselage to the machine guns. This was used to charge/reload the guns. This was painted blue with a red line to indicate "air for weapon". 
You may think that the line might have been for fuel because many modellers simply paint yellow every tube-like device in the cockpit and that pipe that should have been painted blue ended up painted yellow. :-) As a matter of fact, there were very few "yellow" tube-like items inside the Luftwaffe cockpits. Some cables had yellow insulation (but not only!), yet the majority of cables were "screened" with a metal mesh and they were often left in bare metal colour or they were painted cockpit colour. 

Radu 

Thanks Radu. Much appreciated. Does that line travel down the left hand side bulkhead and along to cockpit floor or down the bulkhead and through the cockpit floor? And the Red line, is that a vertical one along its length or a horizontal one? I can find side wall photos but no rear bulkhead ones. 

2 hours ago, ade rowlands said:

Thanks Radu. Much appreciated. Does that line travel down the left hand side bulkhead and along to cockpit floor or down the bulkhead and through the cockpit floor? And the Red line, is that a vertical one along its length or a horizontal one? I can find side wall photos but no rear bulkhead ones. 

I would not really worry much about that pipe... it is very elusive and hard to see anyway. You can see it (vaguely) in the "Verlinden Lock On" book on the 109 or the Wings and Wheels "walk around" book on the 109. The thin pipe protrudes from the bulkhead and then it curls up and runs under the cockpit sill. The red stripe is across. You can see a small part of the pipe in the bottom left corner of this photo: 

bk6.trim.wheel.4.jpg

More photos here: 

http://109lair.hobbyvista.com/walkaround/10639/10639.htm

http://109lair.hobbyvista.com/index1024.htm check the "walk around" section 

HTH 

Radu 

I have that very photo printed out but I'd missed the Blue line. So I'm assuming that the Blue loop under the throttle quadrant (theres another on the other side of the floor also) Is a gun charging handle or something similar? Blue with a Red stripe.

Edited by ade rowlands

9 hours ago, ade rowlands said:

I have that very photo printed out but I'd missed the Blue line. So I'm assuming that the Blue loop under the throttle quadrant (theres another on the other side of the floor also) Is a gun charging handle or something similar? Blue with a Red stripe.

That "loop" is actually green with a red stripe. That is the "coolamt shut-off valve handle"? Indeed, there are two of them, one on each side of the cockpit. 

The colours for conduits were as follows:

Yellow: fuel

Brown: oil

Red: fire

Blue: air

Green: coolant

Black: heat

Stripes of various were added to conduits to indicate use. There are tables describing their use. These were published in a number of books, such as Volume 2 of the book on Luftwaffe colours by Kenneth Merrick and published by Classic Publications.

Radu

24 minutes ago, Radub said:

That "loop" is actually green with a red stripe. That is the "coolamt shut-off valve handle"? Indeed, there are two of them, one on each side of the cockpit. 

The colours for conduits were as follows:

Yellow: fuel

Brown: oil

Red: fire

Blue: air

Green: coolant

Black: heat

Stripes of various were added to conduits to indicate use. There are tables describing their use. These were published in a number of books, such as Volume 2 of the book on Luftwaffe colours by Kenneth Merrick and published by Classic Publications.

Radu

Thanks once again Radu. I used to have a website bookmarked with the colour codes for the wiring and piping meanings but it either moved or got taken down and I never got around to finding a list again. I’ll have a look for the book you mentioned. 

So off I went looking for books to build a bit of a reference library not only for the 109 I’m working on at the moment but one that would be handy for the other 109’s in the stash I came across this 

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/VWP5777309

like an idiot I thought that looks familiar. Go check my book shelf and what’s buried in under some other books? Yes that very book. Oops. Completely forgot I bought that. Must have been a while back.