1/24 F6F Build page on Facebook

Mustang JBB

4 hours ago, LSP_Ray said:

Ummm...isn't that why this site exists???

Of course, you can do what you want, but Facebook bugs me no end, I don't trust their data collecting, and I hate their helter-skelter posting, making very hard to follow. I like our forums much better. No offence.

No offense taken.  I do not have a build going right now, just collecting data, assembly tricks, and reference material, and asking the rest of the planet to join in and help each other out. 

The Facebook format has some advantages over forums and vice versa.  I will be watching all of the builds here  and on other forums as well.  A lot of people are on FB and not the forums.  Some people don't even know about this forum.  I am using FB to link people to this forum and the various threads here, along with linking them to other forums, manufacturer pages, reference photos and web pages etc.  LSP is great, but it is not a one stop shop, nor is FB.  FB is just another avenue to get more info to me and others.  I have 12 different knives on my hobby table.  They all cut, but they all cut just a little different that the other.

Someone commented above that they did not like the FB format.  If you build a FB page or group, you have access to tools to change the format, pin certain threads and posts, and tag threads so they appear  under certain classification buttons, like "after market", "tools", "paints" etc.  Just like we tag threads here.  All it takes is a few minutes to figure it all out.

By the way...  LSP has a FB page.

3 hours ago, CATCplSlade said:

This is like walking into a restaurant to advertise for your restaurant.

My FB page will draw content and users from all over the web.  I have posted links to several LSP forum threads already about the 1/24 F6F.  Lots of the people on my FB not did not know LSP(or LSM, Hyperscale, Nigel's Modelling Bench, and certain after market companies etc) existed before those posted links.  So I am sending the love back this way as well, and promoting the hobby in general.  

11 hours ago, rafju said:

@Mustang JBB

Interesting, of course, but

Sorry, but why not sharing here?

Thx

Raf

I guess that is a good question.  I guess I will start a thread and see what happens.  There are some aspects of FB that make sharing photos links quicker and easier though.  

1 hour ago, Mustang JBB said:

By the way...  LSP has a FB page.

While that's true, it's used strictly as an outreach tool to bring people to the website and forums. Only admins can create posts, and discussions are generally discouraged. The last thing we want is for Facebook to start cannibalising our primary content, which is here. It's just a digital billboard, in other words.

Kev

I generally detest Bookface, and I'm sure I don't need to elaborate as to why.  That said, I do have a Facetube page as my son lives in New Zealand and I need to keep in touch with him.  I keep my time on this to a minimum as you can waste many hours, but I have to say it can be very useful.  Point in case is the Hellcat page which has a link to Nigel's Modelling Bench on Youtube.

I'm posting this link to the 4th video in his Hellcat build which details a trap for young players beginning at 23:30.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTD34Foh2Zs

Have patience and watch as otherwise you may have troubles fitting your fuselage halves together.  Also, I'm enjoying watching these videos as it's giving me some new tips.

Cheers,

Michael

Edited by Dpgsbody55