HB 1/32 B24j turrets re issue?

Pup7309

I emailed them last week and asked about getting replacement, non-frosted turrets for this kit.

The asked for my name and mailing address and said they'd send something.

I have no idea what that something is - but I am expecting to receive a package from them.

I'll let you all know what said package reveals.... LOL!

-Ro

7 hours ago, Rowen said:

I emailed them last week and asked about getting replacement, non-frosted turrets for this kit.

I have no idea what that something is - but I am expecting to receive a package from them.

-Ro

Yes let us know what arrives in the post, thanks! 

11 hours ago, Rowen said:

-Ro

May I ask who you contacted / the address etc?

They have sent me extra sprues (at a nominal cost) but same old Mr Frosty...

25 minutes ago, iaf-man said:

I am still waiting to see what these look like assembled.  Has anyone that has bought them put them together?  If so, can you post pics of them?  Thanks

Greg

On 6/30/2019 at 1:50 PM, 32scalelover said:

I am still waiting to see what these look like assembled.  Has anyone that has bought them put them together?  If so, can you post pics of them?  Thanks

Greg

I've sold these turrets in 3 figures. I have not seen any assembled. I think most purchases are made on speculation. The box arrives, the sets removed and placed in the kit box for future use. My repeat customers are staggering and very prolific buyers. My sets in different natures, and type are all over the place, as are my repeat customer sales. My two different turret twin pack sales are brisk with buyers taking advantage of the $3 saving buying them together rather then singularly.

Can't you assemble one of your turret sets and take pictures so I can see how they fit and how they go together?  It is like a build blog for a kit.  Just showing the pieces doesn't tell me how it goes together.  The number of sets sold doesn't matter to me.  I won't be buying any until I see photos of the assembled turrets.

Greg

Edited by 32scalelover

58 minutes ago, 32scalelover said:

Can't you assemble one of your turret sets and take pictures so I can see how they fit and how they go together?  It is like a build blog for a kit.  Just showing the pieces doesn't tell me how it goes together.  The number of sets sold doesn't matter to me.  I won't be buying any until I see photos of the assembled turrets.

Greg

Consolidated turret, two parts. clear part goes on top. Machine gun slots to the front. Enter doors to the back.

Emerson turret two primary pieces again as with the consolidated. Clear part on top of resin part. A third bonus clear part comprising the machine gun wind deflectors and center clear section needs just three straight cuts to fit.

Yes I get that.  But are the outer diameters the same so there is no seam where the top and bottom meet?  Not to be a pain, but I have never worked with clear vac parts and am not sure how they would look.  I can't imagine that you didn't test fit and assemble the pieces together before offering them for sale to make sure it works.  I am just asking for photos of this test fit so I can decide whether or not to purchase the set. 

Greg

1 hour ago, 32scalelover said:

Yes I get that.  But are the outer diameters the same so there is no seam where the top and bottom meet?  Not to be a pain, but I have never worked with clear vac parts and am not sure how they would look.  I can't imagine that you didn't test fit and assemble the pieces together before offering them for sale to make sure it works.  I am just asking for photos of this test fit so I can decide whether or not to purchase the set. 

Greg

I understood that engineering fact of the top and bottom and acted accordingly. The two parts were made from one die. They were cut along a natural horizontal line. The top die piece was then sectioned into quarters and reassembled, massaged out and polished. The sectioning worked out to make the vacuformed top equal to the resin bottom using .030 thermoform PET-G Vivak. 

Allowances have to be made for the deep undercuts and the extended curves of the machine gun wind deflectors. Ideally one would wish to be able to make a master die and vacuform over that in one shot. But then extracting the die from the vac'd part is impossible.

Edited by 109ace