Jennings Heilig

Fündekals first foray into REALLY big scale! F6Fs for the Airfix monster

Sorry to read this Jennings - just got my first two sets of Fündekals decals and have to say I'm *very* impressed - 1:32 Fleet Air Arm Corsairs - and 1:144 Vulcan.

I'm yet to try my Silhouette cutter - but had heard the software interface isn't the best...

Hopefully you'll find a way through at some point.

Iain

It's a shame. Got to change my target again. I hope to hear good news from you soon. Do you think to reprint the engine logo decals?:D

On 7/22/2019 at 10:14 PM, Iain (32SIG) said:

Sorry to read this Jennings - just got my first two sets of Fündekals decals and have to say I'm *very* impressed - 1:32 Fleet Air Arm Corsairs - and 1:144 Vulcan.

I'm yet to try my Silhouette cutter - but had heard the software interface isn't the best...

Hopefully you'll find a way through at some point.

Iain

Would like a silhouette cutter but if its such a nightmare I think I can manage with decent decals?

Regards. Andy

How about offering the decals and the artwork for the masks so we either can cut them out ourselves, or print on our own Silhouette printers. I would buy that. 

Hadn't thought about that, but it's a possibility!  Let me discuss with Wally and see what he thinks.  Cartograf told me they can actually do mask cutting as well, but they're still closed for their (ever so civilized) August holiday.

J

Jennings,

Silhouette seems to be targeted almost exclusively toward scrapbookers and similar hobbies.  You might want to check with a local vinyl sign printer or two to get some input on more professional level vinyl cutting machines and materials.  There are many more options available than Silhouette and Cricut, just with higher price tags.

Bill

i hope you don't give up on masks Jennings

whilst it's probably not worth the ball ache just to service the 1/48 market, in 1/32 and 1/24 I think there is a real market for masks over decals

the quality of your decals and your research material / background info is excellent - the best out there in my view

mating this with masks seems a natural fit for big scale, and something no-one else does*

Anyway, hope it all works out

Nick

*Montex does provide decals with some if their mask sets and whilst they have their uses, their attention to basic shape detail is so poor that I'm not even going to consider them as competition for this sort of thing!