Jennings Heilig

Fündekals first foray into REALLY big scale! F6Fs for the Airfix monster

Hey Jennings

Don't forget to add a P&W engine emblem decal to the sheet. That big P&W R-2800-10W is just screaming for one.

Ron G 

Hey Jennings 

You do, or did make a decal sheet that had them in 1/72, 1/48, 1/32, 1/24 and 1/18 scales any plans on doing these again...please?

Ron G :help::bow::hmmm::thumbsup:

Is it possible to bring back. I definitely believe that there is a need for it, especially in 1/32, 1/24 and 1/18 although the last probably not as much. If you could make a sheet with propeller markings Curtiss Electric, DeHaviland and Hamilton Standard along with the radial engine emblems in 1/32 and 1/24 scales I think they would sell good because they could be used on the 1/32 Tamiya Corsair, Trumpeters P-47's and F6F's and HK's B-25's and any other radial engine plane. 

Ron G 

23 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

It’s possible.  We’re just tapped out right now with everything we’ve got in the pipeline.  We’ve talked about a sheet with lots of that kind of stuff on it.

Personally almost anything you guys put out for this beast ill be buying.

Your decals have always been of the highest order and be queuing up to get markings, stencils, whatever else you out out.

Posted (edited)

Thanks Darren!

So I've spent today figuring out how to serially produce these masks.  Learning curve - yeah.  But having bought a big (150') roll of Oracal 631, I've figured out a way to shave time off cutting the sheets to the right size using a paper cutter, and have forced the Silhouette software to do what I want it to do (boy do they need help..).  It's a very time consuming process to cut these things.  Each sheet, of which each individual sale item requires two, takes 5-7 minutes to cut on the machine.  That means a lot of my time involved in creating the masks, but they're coming out really nice, so I think you'll all be pleased with the results.

Edited by Jennings Heilig

Posted (edited)

Sorry to have to announce this guys, but our 1/24 F6F project is cancelled for now.  I've asked Cartograf to cancel printing the silkscreen bits.  The Silhouette software simply will not work as advertised on my system, and Silhouette is utterly worthless when it comes to "customer support" (eg: there is no customer support).  Every time I open the app it acts differently, and I can't get any consistency of results.  It either cuts off the edge of the cutting mat, doesn't cut at all, or cuts the designs about 75% of the actual size.  I've wasted about $25 worth of Oracal, hours and hours of my time, and have pulled out most of my hair doing so.  

If and when they ever actually get around to supporting their product we may revisit it, but for now, even if the software were working properly, I wouldn't have enough time to cut the masks to have them in time for the IPMS nationals in Chattanooga.

Edited by Jennings Heilig