Are there any sprue shots of Revell Me 262A single seater

oyoy5

Bigger question is where will you purchase it in the US. Seems all new Revell Germany kits which I believe the 262 is, are it being imported. Their FW-190 A8 R2 has been out over a month now and no US retailer picked it up. Leaves eBay and overseas. UK and Germany sellers see to have good excess supply. Looking forward to the signal seat 262 but not the extra hassle that Revell kits have become with no US distribution channel.  

Paul C

14 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

And yes, I know someone is going to post a photo showing visible rivets in a closeup photo of wartime bird to prove me wrong, but the fact is the 262 was taped, puttied, and sanded to a very smooth finish.  Any rivets you can see aren't going to be visible on a 1/32 model seen at normal viewing distances.

No one is trying to "prove you wrong". This is nothing personal. It is a historic truth as evidenced by countless photos. There is absolutely no evidence that the 262 was "taped". Tape is present is a few places, most notably where the tail unit meets the fuselage (usually depicted as a raised "cranked strip" on models) but the majority of panel joints on the rest of the airframe are not taped, not even puttied. While it is possible to argue that the rivets may not be entirely accurate on scale models because they were flush and they should be smaller than usually depicted on models, it is wrong to state that panel lines were obliterated. All photos show clearly that the panel lines remained visible all the way through production. 

As I said before, when researching the Revell 262 we had access to 5 separate airframes and a mountain of orIginal data, so I am speaking from first-hand experience. 

Radu

I'm sure the Revell 262 single seater will be a great kit, just like the two seater.  As mentioned before, those of us in the US may never see it at a reasonable price over here though.

I've got three Trumpeter single seaters and a two seater and they're great kits, and reasonably priced for what you get.  I don't mind the rivets at all.

Edited by Mikester

There are some new photos incl. a sprue photo published by Revell here:

https://www.revell.de/produkte-revell/produktvorschau/me262-a-1-jetfighter.html

The fuselage is a completely new part. See the comparison below (first the A-1, then the B-1):

03875messerschmittme262a1schwalbespritzl

Revell-me-262B-Testshot-Spritzling-B-7.j

Edited by VintageEagle

Actually, that "step" is present on the original. This feature was never included in previous kits but this feature is quite evident when you get close to the real thing. The rear canopy fairing was flanged at the bottom and this flange was used to rivet the part to the fuselage. 

HTH 

Radu 

mep_me262_18.jpg

mep_me262_15.jpg

DSC_0134.JPG

DSC_0135.JPG

nasm_me262_06.jpg

#

Edited by Radub