curiouslysophie

Introduction and a quick question

Hello, Sophie, :post1:!

Are you throwing all the Eduard AM goodies at the Revell 190? Engine, cockpit, etc! Will make for a ton of parts!

I am actually more curious about the 1/16 Panther: what are you doing to that? AFV Modeller has some really nice 1/16th details many of which can help dress up the interior of the Panther. 

WWII archeology. What school offered that? I know if ASU offered it when I was there I would have been sorely tempted to do it at least as a minor!

Hello from another armor fan (M1A1 tanker from 1996-2000 in Germany, 2000-2008, National Guard/Texas.

I like the WWII stuff, but I am waiting for a Tamiya 1/16 Leopard 2A6 (display only) to arrive in the mail. 

Here is a photo I shot of my Battalion Commander getting a one-shot hit on an 1100 meter moving target at Vilseck/Grafenwoehr about 20 years ago. 

2vfKWSgxeZA4.jpg

8 hours ago, LSP_Ray said:

Hello, Sophie, :post1:!

Are you throwing all the Eduard AM goodies at the Revell 190? Engine, cockpit, etc! Will make for a ton of parts!

I am actually more curious about the 1/16 Panther: what are you doing to that? AFV Modeller has some really nice 1/16th details many of which can help dress up the interior of the Panther. 

WWII archeology. What school offered that? I know if ASU offered it when I was there I would have been sorely tempted to do it at least as a minor!

Yes, the 190 is getting the works! Pretty much all the Eduard kits, the Aims gun bays, scratchbuilt radios and interior, AM decals, etc.

On the Panther I replied in the other thread, but there is a significant amount of scratchbuilding going on in it, most of which will never be seen. I had to redo the entire cooling pipe system and firewall to make it match the late G. Trumpeter also miss a lot of details, especially in areas that can be seen.

I studied at the University of Bristol (I’m a Brit). I did an MPhil in Modern Conflict Archaeology and plan on going for my PhD in the same next year. My BA is in Archaeology and Anthropology. My primary area of expertise is in the material culture and cultural anthropology of German bombing during the Blitz period (more exciting than it sounds, lol).

Trumpeter have announced a 1/16 Panther Ausf G Late btw in case you want to wait

presume you have the Panther Tracts book on the G, and also Roddy MacDougal's book?

with those two you are pretty much set for everything technical and everything camo.

57 minutes ago, nmayhew said:

Trumpeter have announced a 1/16 Panther Ausf G Late btw in case you want to wait

presume you have the Panther Tracts book on the G, and also Roddy MacDougal's book?

with those two you are pretty much set for everything technical and everything camo.

I saw that but am already halfway through my build so may as well keep going now, lol. I have the Panzer Tracts book, didn’t know about the other one. Thanks for the tip!

1 hour ago, Out2gtcha said:

Always wanted to build a giant piece of armor, but the prices always prevented me from seriously trying to procure one.

Keep checking ebay. I have gotten several 1/16 tanks at a great price. A couple were glue bombs, but for the price, that's ok. I got a Tamiya King Tiger over the weekend for $150.00. Now I just need to figure out how to remove someone else's Zimmerit. 

Trumpeter has several tanks that cost half the price of a Tamiya. Hobby Boss has a Tiger 1 for about $100, but it will need some TLC to be on par with a Tamiya. 

Welcome Sophie!  Glad to have you on board.  I'm a bit of a newbie here myself so it's nice to see another newcomer.  Your Panther looks awesome!!  I've been toying with the idea of getting the 1/16 Abrams but I've got too many projects going now to justify buying another one.  But, if I happen to see a great deal - who knows!

Keep you the good work

Larry

10 hours ago, curiouslysophie said:

I saw that but am already halfway through my build so may as well keep going now, lol. I have the Panzer Tracts book, didn’t know about the other one. Thanks for the tip!

I had thought the book was out of stock everywhere but it seems to be in stock here

anyway, here is the link and I’ll let you go from there 

https://www.ministuff.se/en/group-332752/panther-external-appearance-design-changes-1.html