Dragon Bf 109E-4B

LSP_K2

On 7/8/2019 at 4:41 PM, MARU5137 said:

Are you still on with this Kevin...

:please:

Yep, still plugging away, Maru, though not too much in the last couple of weeks. To that end, I was preparing to order the relevant paints for the air-frame tomorrow, but decided to check my "inventory" first. Good thing I did too, as this entire bag is nothing but Luftwaffe colors; mostly Model Master, but also some old Floquil; and Aeromaster paints as well, so I'm covered now.

ArjAPq.jpg

In an effort to see if I could close up the fuselage before adding the IP, I taped the fuselage halves together to check. IP will most definitely not be able to be added "after the fact", so I've moved on to the IP itself. I'm hoping to have the fuselage all zipped up in a week or so, but I guess we'll see about that.

fnVGzy.jpg

hi 

it's a very nice kit , I will follow this thread with interest , , I did mine with the same paint scheme a while ago , it would be funny to see how yours will turn  at the end ...happy modelling !!!!B)

Alain

Edited by alain11

16 hours ago, alain11 said:

hi 

it's a very nice kit , I will follow this thread with interest , , I did mine with the same paint scheme a while ago , it would be funny to see how yours will turn  at the end ...happy modelling !!!!B)

Alain

Do you have a link to your completed model? I'd really like to see it.

15 hours ago, The Dude said:

Looking good! Make sure you glue the engine in the fuselage before you glue in the gun cover, otherwise it will be a PITA to get the engine mounts into the firewall.

Oh yes, I'm aware. Fitting the four bearer contacts, will absolutely be done before I add that real cowling piece, as it would be near impossible otherwise. Thanks for the reminder though, I appreciate it.

On 6/20/2019 at 4:12 PM, LSP_K2 said:

I've already made some preliminary work, but not all that much so far. This will be a mostly OOB effort, hopefully to be completed before a local show here in September. Necessity forced me to order replacement wheel well inserts, as those in the kit were warped and very, very brittle.

Gn3szT.jpg

Here are the replacements, already installed.

KDsK6S.jpg

I had the same issue with my inserts, where did you find new ones?

54 minutes ago, G-Man said:

Can this be built without the engine? I have 2 in my stash.

I suppose it could, but never really checked.

12 minutes ago, 1to1scale said:

I had the same issue with my inserts, where did you find new ones?

I ordered them from Dragon USA.