Dragon Bf 109E-4B

LSP_K2

I have more than adequate references, probably too much, really, especially given that I tend to not mess with details all that much these days. This is just three of those references. (Even though my books are certainly related to this hobby, I generally see them as a hobby unto themselves.)

7icAts.jpg

9HNHbZ.jpg

jxiaA9.jpg

3 hours ago, CATCplSlade said:

Kevin,

Did you use customer support at dragonusaonline to get those replacement wheel inserts? I sorta stalled out on my build because I lost one to the DS gremlin.

I contacted them online, giving them parts numbers and such; they arrived a few weeks later.

Looking good! I am working on the E-3 version off and on for the last few months too. The engine cowl and upper gun cover was fickle for me. I needed to trim some of the gun parts and then had  to tack it with CA glue and then the Faller glue to get it all lined up. Other than that its been a pretty good build for me so far.

9 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

The engine assembly. So far, fit of these pieces has been quite excellent.

iNjL2W.jpg

So in this pic is the cowling all glued together and is the engine glued to the cowling?

4 hours ago, nmayhew said:

So in this pic is the cowling all glued together and is the engine glued to the cowling?

Yes. From what I've heard, it's the rear cowling part (not shown) that can be a real issue with this kit. We'll just have to see what happens when the time comes.