Trumpeter P-47D RazorBack Pacific 1:32

shadowmare

Hi,

i decided to show my new project which is older version of Thunderbolt. I will add Eduard etch for cockpit and cut out a panel on side to show guts behind engine. Trumpeter provided many interior goods so it's really a shame not to present them.

Painting will be Pied Paper or Passionate Patsy, unfortunately Kagero done decals only for Bubbletop Patsy, so i have artwork only, without serial number  on tail (problem) or code on side (smaller problem). Does anybody have photo of Razorback Patsy with 3 downed planes? I have seen model with that but have only photos where plane is without them.

80525f5a1a438ad484d49f9593fa6f25.jpg

bXsg8vH.jpg?1

s1kfBpK.jpg?1

UdHZeUA.jpg?1

Seat is for P-400 Special Hobby but seems legit for P-47. I will need to repait it.

QMyiboR.jpg?1

Great project.  Mine is presently on my shelf of doom, but I'm fairly certain I will finish it.  Incidentally, I had the same idea as you, to open up the sides to see all the supercharger workings inside.  Here's the intercoolers under construction.

KecFl9.jpg

And the assembled trunking:

Xuu2xm.jpg

I'll be following this one.  :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Michael

Edited by Dpgsbody55

• 4 years later...

I'm coming back. I managed to crack canopy so i bought vacu for cardmodel. I fixed seat by little bit, to make it somehow similar. I bought some additional stuff, HGW decals seams to have about 100 time less details than good old Cartograph print (from Kagero book). But I don't know what scheme to choose - guess too many options. 

ssHiOW5.jpeg

9j9kyv5.jpeg

3UhRABm.jpeg

XDNygSe.jpeg

Progress. Painted cockpit with Eduard PE and some lead wiring. Head rest made using Tamiya tape and Tamiya XF-64 <- fast drying enamel, in every way better than normal oils but original thinner has awful smell. I will make some dirt and modulation effects.

E2uNDW1.jpg

8Xxz4WT.jpg

14 hours ago, Dpgsbody55 said:

Nice to see this back.  I did eventually finish mine too.  (Link in my signature, if you want a look.)

:popcorn:

Cheers,

Michael

Michael you did great job with engine. Do you have any good photos of details from this sections?

11 hours ago, monthebiff said:

Welcome back, interesting comparison of the Carograph and HGW decals, Cartograph win for me.

Regards. Andy 

HGW nosearts from this bundle seams like a joke really.

9 hours ago, shadowmare said:

Progress. Painted cockpit with Eduard PE and some lead wiring. Head rest made using Tamiya tape and Tamiya XF-64 <- fast drying enamel, in every way better than normal oils but original thinner has awful smell. I will make some dirt and modulation effects.

E2uNDW1.jpg

8Xxz4WT.jpg

Michael you did great job with engine. Do you have any good photos of details from this sections?

HGW nosearts from this bundle seams like a joke really.

I don't have any pictures on my computer, but used this collection to help.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&sca_esv=558494965&q=p-47+engine+pictures&tbm=isch&source=univ&fir=M-KsrN5TCzlLJM%2Ch8EqWNUWt_XOeM%2C_%3BSYjwJ4UmSVB02M%2CxDAJ52yugIwg9M%2C_%3BdNsXkjhLAztZOM%2CxDAJ52yugIwg9M%2C_%3BZy3RSGdsegOqCM%2Cl3nzyjmqcMAs2M%2C_%3B9V6CQ--jc7fqCM%2Cu50jMy95M42FWM%2C_%3Bs6M3vgrk7bdiTM%2CsS4q9HLgRRGtKM%2C_&usg=AI4_-kRyBXk8JVv6AqWL9mRI6dSm0017mA&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiVps3hvOqAAxVxmlYBHUnmABIQjJkEegQIDhAC&biw=1920&bih=927&dpr=1

Cheers,

Michael

Cockpit finished (not including levers. I'm always knocking them out when I mask cockpit). Now work on whats behind engine. Painting scheme I'm chosing is "Miss Mary Lou". Plane was equipped with bazookas or bombs. Bare metal differentiates from olive drab and blue is icing on a cake. I found one scheme with blue bar behind cokpit but i think that is misinterpretation of photos.

yJWP8nx.png

mXzMHCH.jpg

GzK8BPr.jpg

XJfkeOs.jpg