kap64

Ebay Scammers about to scam

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, ScoobyDoo said:

Weren’t you one of the guys that paid for one of the 1/32 Tamiya F4U-1Ds Corsairs last year from the scammer?

Not that I know of.  I've had my -1D for a lot more than a year, and I paid a normal price for it.  

And besides, even if I had, it's not like we're all incapable of learning from past experience.  Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice, shame on me.  Fool me five or six times and you're a recent past president of the United States.

Edited by Jennings Heilig

14 hours ago, ziggyfoos said:

but the issue is that I'm sure ultimately ebay/paypal loss of money to these scammers is passed down by them to us by them increasing sellers fees and paypal fees.

Maybe you're unaware that eBay Inc. made a profit of $2.9 Billion US (yes, Billion, and yes profit) with total sales close to $300 Billion US. 

Is it even remotely possible that they actually care about the cash equivalent of one grain of sand missing from an entire coastline? Um, no.

This is the correct response to the whole issue:

On 6/18/2019 at 8:23 PM, Neo said:

Realistically its cheaper to take those risk with their insurances than to build an Automated system to detect them. 

D

2 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Not that I know of.  I've had my -1D for a lot more than a year, and I paid a normal price for it.  

And besides, even if I had, it's not like we're all incapable of learning from past experience.  Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice, shame on me.  Fool me five or six times and you're a recent past president of the United States.

Trying to figure out who that was, but on reflection it may not matter what name I think of.

44 minutes ago, D Bellis said:

Maybe you're unaware that eBay Inc. made a profit of $2.9 Billion US (yes, Billion, and yes profit) with total sales close to $300 Billion US. 

Is it even remotely possible that they actually care about the cash equivalent of one grain of sand missing from an entire coastline? Um, no.

This is the correct response to the whole issue

I never implied they weren't making profit or even hurting, and no I didn't know the exact amount, thanks.

Because of all that profit that can came from the seller fees, they have that money available to offset losses from the scams. I highly doubt they don't factor in scam loss in their money outlook. All that sand you mention can add up to a beach in your coastline. So increase fees to make it smaller. Don't think a company, even multibillion dollar, wants to hemorrhage any money without trying to offset it.

I'd think it's similar to increase in gas prices, ultimately that cost is passed down to the customer. The big companies don't just suck it up on their dime.

54 minutes ago, CATCplSlade said:

Trying to figure out who that was, but on reflection it may not matter what name I think of.

This is that bad thread about the Tamiya corsair from the past that talked of ebay scams, and I suspect this thread is going to go down similar path.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, ziggyfoos said:

This is that bad thread about the Tamiya corsair from the past that talked of ebay scams, and I suspect this thread is going to go down similar path.

Oh, no. I know remember that.

Edited by CATCplSlade

Posted (edited)

E-bay must be inundated  with so many scammers  on it's platform..

But this guy takes the top prize for being persistent.... watch out for him on Facebook etc. 

Update on Richard Morgan - Bad Trader Alert - ARC Discussion Forums http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/topic/26221-update-on-richard-morgan/

;)

Edit:  

Ebay new user Shytehawk, just listed a few scale models.

Beware.......same person!!!(MORGAN).

Edited by MARU5137

On 6/18/2019 at 5:16 PM, Rob Owens said:

That's my point: he's NOT offering Tamiya Mossies, or HK B-24's or WnW Lancs.  If he REALLY wanted to scam someone, he'd be offering the Just Gotta Have kits. . .

What you're missing here is that "buy it now" price won't even cover the cost of shipping from Asia.

2 hours ago, kalashnikov-47 said:

What you're missing here is that "buy it now" price won't even cover the cost of shipping from Asia.

Most of the Asian dealers I buy from do the "fill a shipping container and then put it on the boat" thing to bring their overall costs down and make those stupid prices possible. You just have to wait a while to get the stuff. My wife goes through this with Wish.com all the time; I've bought a few things there myself that cost $1 to ship but it took a month.

10 hours ago, CATCplSlade said:

Most of the Asian dealers I buy from do the "fill a shipping container and then put it on the boat" thing to bring their overall costs down and make those stupid prices possible. You just have to wait a while to get the stuff. My wife goes through this with Wish.com all the time; I've bought a few things there myself that cost $1 to ship but it took a month.

Yes, but then the prices - although cheap - are within the bounds of reasonableness.

However, when they sell multiple kits at mear fractions of the even discounted price, you have to ask - why? Who sells a kit that will sell at, say, $70, for $20? With free postage from halfway across the world?

It's just a nonsense, I'm afraid.

Basic arithmetic suggests that the wholesale price, plus the shipping price, plus EBay's slice, plus Paypal's slice will far, far, far exceed $20.

13 hours ago, CATCplSlade said:

His shipping is advertised as by air.