Spitfire (late) exhausts 1:24?

Menelaos

I got (I thing the last one ever...) the spinner and props for the IX...the heritage Kit is too exp...

What about the  exhausts for the Mosquito? 

Edited by Menelaos

When I built my 1/24 Mk.IXc, I used/modified the exhausts from the Airfix Stuka kit. The build was the subject of a two part article in the Nov & Dec 1996 issues of Scale Models International. The following are two photos of my model and the last page of the article which lists the parts used.

jZUnlV3.jpg

fETYzB7.jpg

j1nwQwZ.jpg

On 6/18/2019 at 4:46 PM, Menelaos said:

I found the exhausts for the Merlin powered Mustag here:

https://www.shapeways.com/product/78YNJKM3M/1-24-p-51-mustang-hollow-exhausts

would that works as well?? I think so...I ordered it now

Hi Menelaos,  the very same 3D-printed Mustang exhausts are also available in gray resin directly from Model Monkey (click here).  Grey resin is smoother.  I am the designer.

Cheers!

- Steve Larsen

file.php?id=118063&mode=view

file.php?id=118064&mode=view

Edited by Model_Monkey
Photos added.

Interesting topic. Can the windscreen and canopy of the Airfix 1/24 Mk Vb kit be used for a Mk IX ?

I have an Airfix 1/24 Mk Ia, but I think the canopy from that kit might not be correct for a Mk IX ?

Sincerely Pascal

1 minute ago, Pascal said:

Interesting topic. Can the windscreen and canopy of the Airfix 1/24 Mk Vb kit be used for a Mk IX ?

I have an Airfix 1/24 Mk Ia, but I think the canopy from that kit might not be correct for a Mk IX ?

Sincerely Pascal

this is another point. I have the Trump. Vb Kit. As far as I know for the early IXs the canopy was the same. The front part had in later models no outer armor glas (but intern)

There's a very nice WIP / Mk IX conversion(unfortunately not finished) by JCote in the "works in progress" section. Don't know how to post a link with my cell phone, but the title is : Airfix 1/24 Spitfire.