Gazzas

Warplanes redone as racers

On 6/21/2019 at 12:57 PM, airscale said:

DH98%201_zpsfsq16e1n.jpg

Oh my god... this is stunning! Great photos Peter, this one takes the cake for the whole set. Never seen this before, do you know of any details on this Mossie?

I liked that plane a lot, but the owner got tired of a plane that "tried to kill him every time he got in it". He listed it for sale but found no buyer. The thrill was gone and no one else stepped up. Hard to fault the guy. 

On 6/18/2019 at 11:58 AM, Shawn M said:

Reno is on my bucket list!

I have great book on air racing called "Wet Wings and Drop Tanks", sadly its in storage atm.

I recommend a copy to anyone who loves air racing

Also highly recommended: Thompson Trophy Racers by Roger Huntington ISBN 0-87938-365-8 and Unlimited Air Racers by Don Berliner ISBN 0-87938-378-X both published by Motorbooks International. Also. if you can find it. Racing Planes and Air Racers A Complete History Vol. IV 1946-1967 by Reed Kinert, Aero Publishers, INC.

On 6/27/2019 at 8:57 PM, Martinnfb said:

I really feel like Special Hobby Yak-3 would look much better after little bit cutting, filling, sanding,.... :)

9cc35e8e1a362b29c1933139312a893d.jpg

RVHP offer a resin 1/48 Yak-11. I also have a book about the plane with 1/48 cross-section drawings. 

1252663894_skrydla_21_jak-11.jpg

That's "Skrzydla 21" on the bottom. Not sure if it's still in print. It's all in Polish; no English translation at all. Lots of good pics and drawings, even a 1/5 scale instrument panel. Great modelers's resource. It would be really cool to see a 1/32 Perestroika or Czech Mate on a contest table.