Supermarine Spitfire TR Mk.IX ("Grace" type)

Iain

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks again folks - I've added a little more weathering to the exhaust pipes - and making some ground chocks for her.

Then I'm calling her *finally* done - perhaps...

Iain

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks again folks - comments really appreciated!

My client has asked if I can add a name to the port side ahead of/below the front canopy. I'm reluctant to create a decal as this will be a nightmare to blend into the existing finish - but I think my Silhouette cutter can probably cut a fine enough mask for me to spray...

So - not quite finished!  :)

Iain

40 minutes ago, Iain (32SIG) said:

My client has asked if I can add a name to the port side ahead of/below the front canopy. I'm reluctant to create a decal as this will be a nightmare to blend into the existing finish - but I think my Silhouette cutter can probably cut a fine enough mask for me to spray...

So - not quite finished!  :)

I managed this with my Revell Spit Iain using my Silhouette cutter, the letters are slightly less than 3mm tall: 

dY0Ffc.jpg

Looks like I need to get the duster out!! :blush:

• 10 months later...

Hi gang...

Sorry to resurrect this one - still not delivered to my client - but a few updates to her that I thought might be worth posting.

Back in the office for first time in 4 months today - and access to my 'studio'. Quick lunchtime breakage fix to a client's two-seat Spitfire (rear-view mirror adrift) and some fresh photos taken in the studio - but with mobile phone, rather than the usual SLR...

48b427_2fb8394e8416427bbfb48119e852942a~

48b427_203c4f538a6f4de5b02b0f347c9f5f9f~

48b427_d50980ce43634420bf42a9b49f7ec7f8~

48b427_ee4cfa82d16047c083a3a76b9db3e839~

Hopefully deliver once the current global crisis is over - my client is in Paris.

Blue Skies!

Iain