TomR

By way of introduction

Figured I'd join the wonderful group here since I've been browsing the forums for months gathering ideas, etc. I've been back into scale modeling for about a year now and having only built 1/32 scale aircraft. At least for the foreseeable future I'll only be doing 1/32 scale aircraft since that seems to be the only kits I buy and I already have a small pile of kits that need to be built. Also, I have my private pilots license so the aviation fascination is understandable. I do hope to do a large scale WWII ship or sub at some point though. Hopefully I should have my Tamiya mossie completed in the next week or two after about three months of work. I wish I could have gotten it done quicker but by the time I'm done with work and things around the house only an hour or two gets done but such is life. In any case I'll be posting that completed build when its done. I'm torn as to what to build next so any suggestions are appreciated.

I'm between

1. ZM Ta-152 in Fritz Auffhammer 's Red/Orange scheme (probably leaning towards this)

2. WNW D.V albatross

3. Eduard P-40 warhawk

What I love most about large kits is their sheer detail and parts counts forces you to take your time and finish each part perfectly to achieve the best end result. At this point I'm in now rush to finish kits so spending hours sanding every seam line, etc. is all worth it in the end.

1 minute ago, TomR said:

Figured I'd join the wonderful group here since I've been browsing the forums for months gathering ideas, etc. I've been back into scale modeling for about a year now and having only built 1/32 scale aircraft. At least for the foreseeable future I'll only be doing 1/32 scale aircraft since that seems to be the only kits I buy and I already have a small pile of kits that need to be built. Also, I have my private pilots license so the aviation fascination is understandable. I do hope to do a large scale WWII ship or sub at some point though. Hopefully I should have my Tamiya mossie completed in the next week or two after about three months of work. I wish I could have gotten it done quicker but by the time I'm done with work and things around the house only an hour or two gets done but such is life. In any case I'll be posting that completed build when its done. I'm torn as to what to build next so any suggestions are appreciated.

I'm between

1. ZM Ta-152 in Fritz Auffhammer 's Red/Orange scheme (probably leaning towards this)

2. WNW D.V albatross

3. Eduard P-40 warhawk

What I love most about large kits is their sheer detail and parts counts forces you to take your time and finish each part perfectly to achieve the best end result. At this point I'm in now rush to finish kits so spending hours sanding every seam line, etc. is all worth it in the end.

Welcome to the forums Tom!    :post1:       Please do share your work in the WIP forums.  :D

:post1: you'll not regret joining, LSP - for me it's THE place to go.

My personal favorite would be the Eduard P-40. It's based on the Hasegawa P-40N which is a very

nice kit, good fit, nice details plus you get all the Eduard goodies. I've recently built their P-40M and it

was a no-headache-build. And yes, please post pictures of what ever you go with !!!

Lothar

3 hours ago, Lothar said:

:post1: you'll not regret joining, LSP - for me it's THE place to go.

My personal favorite would be the Eduard P-40. It's based on the Hasegawa P-40N which is a very

nice kit, good fit, nice details plus you get all the Eduard goodies. I've recently built their P-40M and it

was a no-headache-build. And yes, please post pictures of what ever you go with !!!

Lothar

Then that's what I'll have to do. I could sure use a simpler kit after getting done the Mosquito. They are definitely not a simple kit

Welcome Tom, and i'm sure you'll have lots of fun between us loonies:frantic: