Sign in to follow this  
Phartycr0c

Bit of a me update and a gloat

Iv'e been away from the building scene recently due to life in general and a new addition to the household which has taken my attention a little. 

As a result, my build of the Catalina in the multi engine GB has taken a massive hit. I know I have plenty of time until the end of the GB but I wanted it complete for Telford which I dont think will happen with something so complex.

I do however have another distraction on the modelling front so thats two distractions in total. 

firstly 

48057435157_822dfd7d5f_b.jpg

A new to me 2014 Multistrada Pikes Peak to replace my current model in the middle. 

For a few Hours I had 3 Ducatis in the stable I was well happy. 

Now the Catalina has taken a back seat because THIS! 

48057377093_47b545ebf7_b.jpg

48057390858_12e40f31f7_b.jpg

This will now take over from the Catalina in the GB as I have made a promise that it will be at Telford in November. 

Happily I will have more that 5 weeks like the last one. 

Very cool! 

I sold my 748 Testastretta a few years back...............loved the sound and riding it, but unlike many other Ducs, it was extremely uncomfortable for long distances. Fortunately, the huge amount of adrenaline it created suppressed any comfortableness! 

207352_5107976097_3481_n-M.jpg

207024_5107986097_4343_n-M.jpg

Looking forward to the big Lanc! 

I prefer my transport with 4 doors, 4 wheels, multiple airbags, seatbelts, wipers, a steering wheel, various crumple zones, comfy adjustable seat with a backrest & lumber support, climate control, electric windows, fancy stereo, cup holders, phone charger & the ability to eat, drink or chat whilst I drive. Yes, I'm very, very boring. Proudly boring. I send myself to sleep sometimes, I'm so boring. People cross the road to avoid my boringness. Even the local vicar is careful to avoid me. The Jehovah's Witnesses knock on every single door, bar mine, incase they feel the need to end it all after being in conversation with my boring self. When I get cold-called, after a while they hang up on me. The Samaritans have asked me to stop calling, as they can no longer get staff who can stay awake long enough to listen to me. Cold callers only ever knock my door once, and then pay me so they can leave. I never get served in a pub, as the staff don't have the stamina to listen to one of my famous, jaunty, little six-hour little stories, which always end badly. Even my dog falls asleep in my presence, rather than having to bear my utter boringness. I make plastic model aeroplanes, for goodness sake. What more can I say?

I’m not quite to the Lincoln Town Car level yet, but I have to agree - seat needs to be comfy and I need crumple zones.  I’ve taken care of too many patients who had bad experiences on motorcycles to ever want to ride one again.  Last one was bike vs. angus bull on a dark country road at night.  The bull won by a landslide.

Nah, bikes all the way with me im afraid, for all their disadvantages (weather load capacity etc) many of my best memories have been made on a bike, and Brian, this is my 5th Ducati including a 006 which unfortunately had to go for uncomfortable pillion reasons. 

The Multistrada was the replacement and in many ways didnt disappoint other than being slightly uglier and much less of a classic. 

Kev, the Lanc build for the GB is the intention. Should be able to start it in the next couple of weeks. 

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, STWilliams said:

I prefer my transport with 4 doors, 4 wheels, multiple airbags, seatbelts, wipers, a steering wheel, various crumple zones, comfy adjustable seat with a backrest & lumber support, climate control, electric windows, fancy stereo, cup holders, phone charger & the ability to eat, drink or chat whilst I drive. Yes, I'm very, very boring. Proudly boring. I send myself to sleep sometimes, I'm so boring. People cross the road to avoid my boringness. Even the local vicar is careful to avoid me. The Jehovah's Witnesses knock on every single door, bar mine, incase they feel the need to end it all after being in conversation with my boring self. When I get cold-called, after a while they hang up on me. The Samaritans have asked me to stop calling, as they can no longer get staff who can stay awake long enough to listen to me. Cold callers only ever knock my door once, and then pay me so they can leave. I never get served in a pub, as the staff don't have the stamina to listen to one of my famous, jaunty, little six-hour little stories, which always end badly. Even my dog falls asleep in my presence, rather than having to bear my utter boringness. I make plastic model aeroplanes, for goodness sake. What more can I say?

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

6 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

I’m not quite to the Lincoln Town Car level yet, but I have to agree - seat needs to be comfy and I need crumple zones.  I’ve taken care of too many patients who had bad experiences on motorcycles to ever want to ride one again.  Last one was bike vs. angus bull on a dark country road at night.  The bull won by a landslide.

Yep, same here, comfort all the way.  I've not ridden any sort of motorbike since 1974 when I passed my driving test.  If that makes me boring, then I'm boring.

Edited by MikeC

16 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

Very cool! 

I sold my 748 Testastretta a few years back...............loved the sound and riding it, but unlike many other Ducs, it was extremely uncomfortable for long distances. Fortunately, the huge amount of adrenaline it created suppressed any comfortableness! 

207352_5107976097_3481_n-M.jpg

207024_5107986097_4343_n-M.jpg

Looking forward to the big Lanc! 

Never had one of these, but man I miss my 929RR....never broke so many traffic laws in my life.

15 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Never had one of these, but man I miss my 929RR....never broke so many traffic laws in my life.

I had a couple buddies with CBRs! They were as smooth as silk and were pretty much flawless to ride (like most modern Japanese bikes I found). 

AAMOF, 

When I went to purchase my 748 from the gent in Minnesota I got it from, this was what was what he had just purchased at the time to replace the Duc I was buying:

Honda-CBR-929-ffacd040a31adf5d-large.jpg

Apologies, was not trying to take over this thread with other junk!    :lol:

Back to your regularly scheduled thread now

6 hours ago, STWilliams said:

You can't transport a fully built WNW Gotha on a bike, so what's the point?

You just hold it with one arm out and go "wheeeeeeee...."