Me109 E seat in 1/32? Any without the belts?

nmayhew

'The difference is everywhere. Whatever Hasegawa gives in the F kit has nothing in common with the seat used on the E.'

Got it.  Thank you. 

Great photo.

Sincerely,

Mark

Since all the Bf 109 experts are on this subject right now:
If the Cyber Hobby seat is fine/close to the original - what about the one from eduard?
If I recall this right it's too large and misses the taper.
Did anybody correct the eduard seat?

• 11 months later...
On 6/13/2019 at 9:19 AM, Radub said:

I fear that the "seat is wrong in the CyberHobby kit" is another one of those "internet wisdom" memes made up by people who have no idea what they are talking about, which gets regurgitated over and over again until it becomes "fact". The list is long. :-(

The seat in the CyberHobby 109 E is actually quite good out of the box. The seat was narrow at the top. The seat was not armoured, so it did not need to be wide enough to cover the entire width of the back. It was narrow at the top so that the pilot could turn to look back without being "poked" in the ribs by a wide seat back. That resin seat in the OP is actually very wrong in many ways. 

See some pictures here: 

e_seatfront.jpg

e_seatback.1.jpg

e_seatback.2.jpg

Me-bf.109e3_61.jpg

HTH 

Radu 

Excellent, this is exactly what I have been looking for!

Richard

Some good pictures there, Mike. They confirm what I had been interpreting from that Russian drawing

Notice the piece of 'bicycle' chain used in the seat adjuster, the lever on the right (with the black knob) pulls a locking pin out that passes through the links

And the bungee elastic loops on each side to help raise the seat

Those tubular 'rivets' that hold the front cross bar are rather prominent, I might fake those on my seat

On seat belts, the Russian drawing shows the lap strap anchors on the side of the seat pan, that seat has anchors for a sort of waist strap. Do we know if it is from a later model 109?

Richard

Agreed on the anchorages, and beyond repainting the knob on the belt adjuster black I'm not doing much more to my seat

This is a really useful thread

Details I have noticed and am going to ignore include the use of the same casting on both sides of the seat frame - the boss on the casting is inside the frame on the port side and outside on the starboard. The pressed steel brackets for the adjuster lever I might have to do something about

Richard