Me109 E seat in 1/32? Any without the belts?

nmayhew

Title says it all...

are there any Me109 E seats in 1/32 without the belts?

I am about to embark on DML / Cyberhobby's E-4 and not happy with the seat.

It just looks too pinched at the top compared to pictures of known Emil seats.

The matching picture of the kit seat is known to be from a 109 B - and was posted on LSP many moons ago - but later pics just look different.

I have trawled my usual suspects, but strangely it seems there is very little in the way of seats for Emils

Maybe people are too scared of getting it wrong? :unsure:

The closest thing to what I consider a better shape is Quickboost's seat but that has moulded on belts, and I don't really want to have to dremel them off; too much a PITA!

212319-11091-12-pristine.jpg

Any help much appreciated.

Nick

Same seat in Hasegawa Bf109F-4 if you have the kit.  The kit has 2 seats, so you can use the other for your build.  If you don't have the kit, PM me your address and I' send it over.

Sincerely,

Mark

I fear that the "seat is wrong in the CyberHobby kit" is another one of those "internet wisdom" memes made up by people who have no idea what they are talking about, which gets regurgitated over and over again until it becomes "fact". The list is long. :-(

The seat in the CyberHobby 109 E is actually quite good out of the box. The seat was narrow at the top. The seat was not armoured, so it did not need to be wide enough to cover the entire width of the back. It was narrow at the top so that the pilot could turn to look back without being "poked" in the ribs by a wide seat back. That resin seat in the OP is actually very wrong in many ways. 

See some pictures here: 

e_seatfront.jpg

e_seatback.1.jpg

e_seatback.2.jpg

Me-bf.109e3_61.jpg

HTH 

Radu 

Radub,
excellent plans and with dimensions!
When the Cyberhobby seat was "pronounced" to be rubbish, I used those plans to see for my self.
I thought the seat was alittle too tall, and too tappered in the back section.
I corrected a seat by rebuilding the back section to include a shim to spread it.
Unfortunately I also introduced a twist, so at the moment I stuck at making version 1a.
nmayhew, if it's a concern for you, scale Radub's plans and make your on judgement.

thanks guys, and thank you Radu for the drawings.

I don't have my kit to hand right now, but whilst it's not completely horrendous, the kit seat is too narrow at the top

from LSP Ron's build...and i can assure it's not a dodgy camera angle - it's quite a bit narrower along the top edge than the drawings and the pictures I have seen of combat Emils (I'm not considering museum planes unless I know the provenance of the parts etc)

P7180054.jpg

so i'm not saying it's rubbish, but I just wondered if there was any aftermarket out there that was better than the kit part

I guess not

2 hours ago, dodgem37 said:

Same seat in Hasegawa Bf109F-4 if you have the kit.  The kit has 2 seats, so you can use the other for your build.  If you don't have the kit, PM me your address and I' send it over.

Sincerely,

Mark

and that's very kind thank you, but I have the kit in my stash so will dig it out and have a look

cheers again

Nick

1 hour ago, nmayhew said:

I don't have my kit to hand right now, but whilst it's not completely horrendous, the kit seat is too narrow at the top

Trust me, the seat is fine! It may look narrow, but IT WAS narrow. This was discussed here before, with more photos: 

Early%20Seat.jpg

You can safely leave the seat as it comes in the box, it is perfectly fine.  

HTH 

Radu 

Edited by Radub

Nick,
there isn't much in it to be true, perhaps just trim some off the top?
At any rate I've had a play with Radub's image.
I struck off 10 blocks to fit with the measure 105 mm and then used that to compare different aspects of the seat.
I hope that's of some use to you.
Vf4IDl1gOtk3WolEatel13yQWqNkVlHB90HIidXu

I would leave the seat as it is. Please do not look at that Quickboost resin seat in the original post as a "yardstick" to measure the "accuracy" of the CyberHobby kit seat. That resin seat is so wrong, it does not even look close to the real thing - just compare it with the photos. I would not lose sleep over 1 mm at the top of the seat. No one can see that "problem". Honestly, the kit seat is fine. By the way, I looked at the seat in the Hasegawa Bf 109 F and it does not look loke the seat used in the E, plus it is split right in the middle and that will be a hard seam to clean.

Radu

36 minutes ago, dodgem37 said:

'By the way, I looked at the seat in the Hasegawa Bf 109 F and it does not look like the seat used in the E'

Where's the difference?

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Mark

The difference is everywhere. Whatever Hasegawa gives in the F kit has nothing in common with the seat used on the E. Compare it with the photos and drawing above: 

hasegawast31reviewbg_4.jpg

The photo is from this link: http://www.hyperscale.com/2010/reviews/kits/hasegawast31reviewbg_1.htm

Honestly, and I keep repeating myself, the seat in the CyberHobby Bf 109 E is perfectly fine, there is very little (if anything) wrong with it. 

HTH 

Radu