Which Way is Fulda?

TimW

41 minutes ago, Jennings Heilig said:

XlCNOM7.jpg

Bad ideas came from both sides.  If you want to see an example of a truly horrible idea from that era, google “Dragon Anti-Tank Missile”.   

1 minute ago, John1 said:

I thought it was one of the later T-54/T-55 versions. 

They started trying in the 30s.  Might be they didn't have a really functional one until after the war.

3 minutes ago, John1 said:

Bad ideas came from both sides.  If you want to see an example of a truly horrible idea from that era, google “Dragon Anti-Tank Missile”.   

I have a Sheridan I plan to use for a Vietnam dio.   Not sure how well it would have fared in Germany.

Sheridan will never win a beauty contest.  When I was in the USMC in the 80's we had a briefing on Soviet tactics and in particular the T-62.  They told us it didn't have a stabilized gun.  I know the T-34 didn't have them during WWII...  nobody did. 

My USSR/Russia armor knowledge is pretty scant after WWII.

Tim, how did you like that Trumpy T-64?   I haven’t done any armor in a long time but have been thinking about either this version or the later one with the ERA bricks. 

Sorry to take this great build thread ot, I’m fascinated by the Cold War and specifically how it would have played out if it went hot, more specifically towards the end when I was a participant.   Personally, I think air power would have had minimal effect (unless things went nuclear) and it would have been decided on the ground.   I remember a cartoon from back then that summed it up nicely.  Two Russian tankers are sitting in a cafe in Paris, enjoying a coffee (presumably post-war).  One asks the other - “So - who won the air war?”    

Always thought that was cute.  

22 minutes ago, John1 said:

Tim, how did you like that Trumpy T-64?   I haven’t done any armor in a long time but have been thinking about either this version or the later one with the ERA bricks. 

Sorry to take this great build thread ot, I’m fascinated by the Cold War and specifically how it would have played out if it went hot, more specifically towards the end when I was a participant.   Personally, I think air power would have had minimal effect (unless things went nuclear) and it would have been decided on the ground.   I remember a cartoon from back then that summed it up nicely.  Two Russian tankers are sitting in a cafe in Paris, enjoying a coffee (presumably post-war).  One asks the other - “So - who won the air war?”    

Always thought that was cute.  

Yeah, still a lot of debate in gaming circles about air power.  Re the kit, very nice, trouble free build.  Didn't have to add any AM.