Bf-110G4 Night Fighter.

HL-10

As a fellow Bf110 fan, I have to say that yours is a beautifully prepared model. It’s interesting that your assessment of the AIMS conversion was a dream to work with, my experience wasn’t the same though nonetheless hugely enjoyable/challenging. You’ve chosen a very unusual paint scheme which I don’t recall having seen before, what was your reference? Congratulations on a great looking G4.

36 minutes ago, mozart said:

You’ve chosen a very unusual paint scheme which I don’t recall having seen before, what was your reference? Congratulations on a great looking G4.

That scheme is included in the AIMS kit.

IMG-0735.jpg

IMG-0736-1.jpg

Glad you like my 110.

Compared to other resin conversions, AIMS have done a great job.

It is very well though out, and the parts are very fine and easy to use.

:)

Edited by HL-10

20 minutes ago, HL-10 said:

That scheme is included in the AIMS kit.

Ah, that explains it then, mine was a customised model of Schnaufer's earlier aircraft G9+EF so I didn't look at the AIMS refs. I've got the AIMS G2 conversion from which I'm going to build a Bf110F later this year, that will be my third Dragon 110 following the E and G4.  Great looking aeroplane! :)

43 minutes ago, mozart said:

It’s interesting that your assessment of the AIMS conversion was a dream to work with, my experience wasn’t the same though nonetheless hugely enjoyable/challenging. You’ve chosen a very unusual paint scheme which I don’t recall having seen before, what was your reference? Congratulations on a great looking G4.

Couldn't agree more, some areas of the conversion are pretty tricky to get right. Also out of interest did the aircraft you modelled not carry the rear facing MG 81 set up or did you plan to fit it at the end with the canopy already in place to find it wouldn't go? Great looking scheme though.

Regards. Andy