Sign in to follow this  
Robthepom

Who else is guilty of.........

Yeah i was just not sure if they are worth it, there looks to be only slight difference to the kit ones, plus i intend to cover them in pigment dust/sand

More research needed, thanks for the input:D

Yeah my Flanker was had for around $100 and something...........

But figuring up the cost of the model in the end, I figured it came out somewhere in the high $500s. Using my minimal math skills, that's near 3 or 4 times what the kit cost me.

I've done it.  Wish I had a hammer sometimes to beat myself in the head for doing it.  Sometimes, just plain ole shock sets in when you realize the aftermarket item(s) cost more than the kit!

Guilty as charged ! from trupeter's MIGs and MIL to the Ki-61 and their conversion i did it quite a lot .

Only did that once with my HB P-61 with resin props, interior, turrets, nose, wheels, and all brass barrels, and a few decal sets.  BUT NO PE!  

I also did it with my Trumpy Mig 15 and 17, but considering these kits go for $15, its hard NOT to spend more on a single item.

I'm one of those guys who normally "makes ONE of a model" and moves on. I generally do not make more than  one model of a specific plane, as there are so many I want to build, that when I do build one of something, 

I want the one to be the best one it can be, and a lot of times that means AM to fix fill-in-the-blank, or to make the version/variant I want to make. 

Oh yes, aftermarket tracks alone frequently cost more than the armor kit they're going onto. Add in stowage, ammo, barrels, P.E., crates and whatnot, and it can cost way more than the kit itself.