1:32 Bomb Trolley with 12000lb 'Cookie' Blockbuster

GrahamF

While I wait for the flood waters to subside in my village I thought I would test the decals on my latest kit before they all go out tomorrow as

I've been struggling to find a good decal paper, thankfully I've found it through a railway model manufacturing friend.

Graham

48045455941_0bfa4cb2b3_k.jpgIconicair RAF Bomb Trolley + 12000lb Cookie 005 by uniquenarrowgauge, on Flickr

48045534947_097bee069a_k.jpgIconicair RAF Bomb Trolley + 12000lb Cookie 004 by uniquenarrowgauge, on Flickr

Looks really cool Graham! 

I'd like to source some as well, as I always end up making my own bomb markings, and that stuff comes in various degrees of quality.

This always seems to be where the kits fall short. No idea why.

Fantastic! All we need now Graham is the DB tractor to go with it?

Looking forward to receiving this trolley to go with my other one!

Once I have the DB, hopefully someone will do an AEC Tanker to accompany it, then I think I can finally get a 1/32 Lancaster on the 'chocks'!!

Never say never, it could happen!

This is a market long overlooked by manufacturers.

Same with ground crew figures in 1/32 and 1/24 scale, apparently there were only pilots in the airforces of the world|! 

My friends and I cobbled up some adapted figures in 1/24 scale to show with our models at shows around the U.K and always get questions on where we got them from! Luckily there are now some 1/32 figures of these coming onto the market and very welcome they are too. 

There's gold in them thar hills for those manufacturers who might be interested I think!

7 minutes ago, Royboy said:

There's gold in them thar hills for those manufacturers who might be interested I think!

I'm not so sure, after announcing it the initial rush has produced 11 orders as of today. Now we are in the tailing off period.

Graham

On 6/13/2019 at 2:13 AM, Darren Howie said:

Graham a quick question.

Was the Lanc bomb door requred to be modified to carry the 12000 pounder?

Or was it the same diameter as the 4000 and could be loaded on a standard bomb bay doir lanc?

thanks!

I'm interested in this answer as well.

If the WNW Lanc doesn't contain the 12,000lb-er, then you might get some sales there, but I think it helps to know about the doors / bomb bay layout first

I believe the 12000 fit in the normal doors, as it was just (3) of the 4000 bolted together.  Seems in many pics from the era that the 12000 was being loaded into the normal doors.  

Paul C 

Yep, from what I can see and read the Lancaster didn't have any larger BB doors to accommodate these particular 'biguns'!

Graham, could I suggest that the bomb trolley could be sold separately without the larger weapons on it, or perhaps add some 500lb'ers with bomb shackles included for them in a new boxing at a later date?

These trolleys also carried bombs for the USAAF on their bases, and so would also go well with both the HK B-17 and B-25 models

If your also bombing up fighters serving in the ETO this would look pretty cool next to them as well! 

I think once the modellers see these at the shows more interest will come over time, we will probably cobble up some 'trolley riders' to make it even more interesting for later in the year with a new subject! 

Happy days!

24000, was carried with different doors or lack of doors.  

BTW, my "cookie" arrived today.  Great kit, very quick turn around, and a wonderful example of just how good resin can be.  The details are excellent. 

Kudo's to Iconicair.  

Paul C 

7 hours ago, Paul2660 said:

I believe the 12000 fit in the normal doors, as it was just (3) of the 4000 bolted together.  Seems in many pics from the era that the 12000 was being loaded into the normal doors.  

Paul C 

I thought that until i read this hence the question.

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235036607-lancaster-bulged-bomb-bay-question/#comment-3005895

it would appear from the link above the 12000 was larger in diameter but id be interested to hear if it was as i to thought it was three standard cookies end to end.