MH-60L Blackhawk and Operation Gothic Serpent

panzerrob

Dear all, 

I'm about to start on Kitty Hawk's Blackhawk as used in Operation Gothic Serpent.

I planned to use the Kitty Hawk figures to make it more attractive.

Unfortunately I have no knowledge of both topics, so I have a few questions to start with!

The colorchart calls for a black exterior ,is this correct? I thought it will be dark green?

Were there any seats fitted inside the cabin? (I mean other then the pilots seats)

Can anyone give me an idea what colors for the uniforms of the pilots and Special Forces?

I'm sure there will be plenty more questions coming your way, but these will help me to start!

With regards,

Rob

P.S. Photo's will be difficult as I still haven't found a good replacement for photo bucket which is both cheap and more importantly: easy to use!

The 160th SOAR helos are flat black. 

Besides the pilot's seats, each helo had 2 crew chief seats in the back. All the other helos did not have any other seats installed except for Super 63, the C2 bird, which had 4 Huey seats installed along with the C2 console.

Wernerswings is in the process of making a OGS correction set for the KH MH-60L. 

Stay tuned, it's gonna be good!!!

Trust me!

In the meantime, here's a hot link to a Gothic Serpent info thread I started. 

It should help out alot.

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/topic/301695-operation-gothic-serpent-aircraft-references/

Tim

Edited by Hawkwrench

4Hi Tim,

Thanks for responding!

If the Blackhawks were black, that will probably give problems with the kit's decals, but I'll see when I come to the painting stage.

The crewchief seats, are they located directly behind the pilots seats (2 seperate seats) or were they at the rear of the cabin (in the row of 4, which probably means deleting the outer seats)?

Do you know any good Blackhawk books?

Thanks again,

Rob

Edited by panzerrob

They were behind the pilot seats.  If you want some great decals, go over to Wernerswings. Com and buy the "irene" decal set. Its strictly for Gothic Serpent helos. 

Here's his link

http://www.wernerswings.com/ww-decal-35-09.html

They are awesome!!!

There's all kinds of good blackhawk books. 

Just Google uh-60 books

Tim

Edited by Hawkwrench