1/35 AFV Club T-34/85 (full interior)

ChuckD

On 7/8/2019 at 10:00 AM, Gewehr 43 said:

I'm still debating on how to display it.

You might get some of those small/powerful magnets and glue to the bottom half and then to the top half at the correct points so that it is easily removable but snaps into the correct place when you put together. The exploded display would be intriguing.

It looks really awesome!  I saw a Tiger II done with clear rods for that exploded/expanded view at a show.  It was interesting, but looked like a nightmare to put together.

I think the clear rod technique might not be a bad idea.  The way this kit is laid out, it would be pretty simple to do too.  I can separate the upper and lower halves with 1/4" rod cut to about 4" length.  I'd leave the turret on the upper hull, then I believe I could support the turret roof with one clear rod.   I'm debating if I want to go through that effort or just leave all those parts dry fit.  They fit pretty well, with the turret roof being the most problematic.  The upper and lower hulls press fit into place and pop off pretty easily, as does the rear engine hatch.  

I have options, just not sure how much effort I want to put into it.  Part of me says, "you've come this far, go the extra mile!"  While the other part of me says, "lookit all dem other kits you got."  :p

Well, thank you all very very much for the kind words.  Having seen what you all are capable of, your compliments mean a lot to me.  :)

I'm happy to report, the T-34/85 project is finished!  This was a great little kit and I'm super happy with the results.  Fit was great, instructions were clear, decals (all two of them) were thin and went down perfectly.  I opted to use Kaizen workable tracks just because I had them and have never much cared for rubber band tracks.  The tow cable is a brass wire from my spares bin, and I added a wire or two here and there.  Otherwise this was built from the box.  

Thanks again for all your compliments!  :)  Here's the final product:

kzlcYPq.jpg

kGHmN7f.jpg

GUrKzGr.jpg

fp4lrhk.jpg

SKKf5Xj.jpg

NPiGWpV.jpg

ciBOqzL.jpg

A12AvwV.jpg

qumtEoY.jpg

lCU2UKT.jpg

yBtZsyD.jpg